Hi new member from SW Montana

buffybr

Hi all. I followed a link to this forum from another, saw some interesting threads, so joined. I've been shooting, hunting, and reloading for a little over 40 years. I prefer close hunting shots, but I also like to have the ability and confidence to make a long shot.

I'm primarily big game hunter, but enjoy just about all kinds of hunting. I grew up in Colorado and started hunting there with my college roommates. I mostly hunt Montana, and have big game hunted in Wyoming and Alaska and have make multiple hunts in Canada and Africa. My taxidermist is on my phone's speed dial.

I used to compete in trap and skeet, but just shoot for fun now. Only 1-200 shells per week.

I reload for everything that I shoot, and my reloading bench carries 4 progressive and one single stage shotgun presses and a Dillon and RCBS metallic presses. I cast a dozen or so rifle, pistol and muzzleloader bullets, and make my own shot for trap and skeet.

I also got bit by that nasty golf bug a few years ago, and I waste way too many summer days chasing that silly white ball around.

I hope to participate in many good discussions here.

I also found golf several years ago. I promised my self that this year I am not going to buy a pass. I am determined to go back packing on the weekends this year.

SW MT is probably my favorite part of MT. Welcome aboard.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.