Hi from South Africa - LRH newbie

Welcome Vleder

Are you familiar with GS custom bullets in SA. I have asked them to look into the possiblities of a high BC 6.5 bullet for a 6.5-375 Ruger I will be building. They are a little spendy but should perform very well. Good velocity from them and their design is easy on bores.

Also, I'm having my barrel nitrided for extended life and higher velocity. Not sure how feasible that is for you, but you might look into it if you're concerned with barrel life.

Best...

-Mark

MacDonald
Application will be for 2 main reasons:
Hunting: Small to medium antelope (Springbuck, Impala, Kudu, Bluewoldebeest) to approx 300m (smaller game 400m) so need something that will open reliably at that velocity, will have approx 1 200fps at 375m if I launch at 2 850fps so I am pushing it.
Was thinking Accubond, Interbond, something with a decent BC although (if I'm right) BC not that important at these ranges?
Target: up to 500m, was thinking Lapua Scenar 155g at 2 600 - 2 700fps (ot whatever the sweetspot is), or maybe AMax etc.

MontanaRifleman
Gary Schultz from GS Custom is from the same city as where I live, Port Elizabeth in South Africa. His premises is approx 20km from my home. I have never tried his bullets but know them. When the rifle's finished I will maybe pop in and have a chat to him re a load? Know they are quite expensive but if they work brilliantly then it's worth it.

Thanks for the other comments guys, if you ever need any listings of hunting places in SA please let me know and I will pass on any info I can to help.

Regards,

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.