hey you NF junkies!

Don't want to beat a dead horse but I suppose I am. I have MOAR in an NXS and SHV, If the MOART was available at the time, I would have opted for that.

Can anyone answer why I can't post a question here?

I have submitted a thread 2 times now and neither are showing up after a few days.

It's about rail and rings for a nightforce, please pm me if you know what the problem is.

Not sure but maybe your membership wasnt approved yet. Anyone use the Burris Zee rings on their SHV?

Thanks for the reply. Possibly I can just ask here? Don't want to hijack this thread but it shouldn't be a to in depth to answer.

I am adding a very nice scope to my setup (Nightforce Benchrest 8-32x56x). My question is should I buy new rings and mounts for this (assuming so) and which would you all recommend?

I plan on shooting 1,000m. I have did some research and looked into the Badger rings and mounts, a bit pricey but they seem to have serious reputation in the F-class behind them.

These are what I have come up with, let me know what you think.

(Badger Rings, 1.125")

midwayusa.com/product/1734328043/badger-ordnance-picatinny-style-30mm-max-50-rings-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

(Badger Rail, 20moa)

midwayusa.com/product/1734562717/badger-ordnance-1-piece-maximized-picatinny-style-20-moa-elevated-scope-base-remington-700-short-action-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I also really like the MOAR reticle. I personally would choose the MOAR over the MOART. For my eyes the T version is harder to see in the forests especially in low light conditions.

I also really like the MOAR reticle. I personally would choose the MOAR over the MOART. For my eyes the T version is harder to see in the forests especially in low light conditions.

I have the same viewpoint. It is still fine enought for me to shoot 1/2" groups at 300 yards which passes my personal requirement for reticle thickness.

I did say MOAR-T previously, but should have added that seeing the reticle can be difficult when background contrast is minimal or in very low light conditions.

For those of you who use the MOAR, is illumination needed to see the reticle to hunt 30 min after sundown?

I certainly like having illumination, but the reticle is so easy for me to see, even at sundown in the forest, that I have never even remembered to turn on illumination. With that said if I were going to get one of the new SHV's with the option of illumination, I would definitely get the illuminated model.

I've never needed the illumination on my ATACR 30 minutes after sundown, but I constantly use it on my nxs while calling coyotes (mostly done during the night). Both scopes have the MOAR reticle. I agree with Timber. If you are buying a scope like the shv where illumination is optional, I'd personally opt to get it. It's better to have it and never use than it is to need it just one time and not have it. Plus it doesn't cost that much more for the illuminated models. What's another $100 when you've spent $1,000:D.

Thanks for the replies, I was actually considering the SHV 3-10 for its smaller objective vs the 4-14 to mount lower. But illumination is not an option on the 3-10.

I went with the 3-10 SHV for similar reasons to use with my lightweight elk rifle. At 20 ounces and a very low mounting profile I was willing to give up illumination. Overall I am very happy with the scope. The 4-14 would have been better with a 50mm or smaller objective. Not sure what NF was thinking on that one.

Timber thanks for the reply, a friend of mine has a 4-14, I like it except for the 56 mm objective.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.