help with savage trigger

bart1974

i have a old style savage 110 and the bolt release l[ate pin with the sear sping keeps backing ot leting the spring get of its shelf and it is a buger to getit back assembled any help pic what ever you got even a replacement

Multi piece sear that the bolt release knob has come loose on correct? Put it back together and stake/tack weld the bolt release knob in place.

Fix the sear/bolt release problem, if they are joined the sear spring can't move out of position. I think the pin movement could be caused by the bolt release knob that isn't attached. I've never had the pin move far enough to cause problems(with all other parts in proper working order) but you could peen the end a little if it's really the problem.

Try reversing the pin (end for end)...the pin will "walk" in the same direction as it did but now will stop when it reaches the larger diameter of the head.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.