Need help with a trigger install

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Team Member
LRH Sponsor
I just got my first custom rifle today. It’s brand new, looks awesome. I didn’t have the smith install a trigger because I didn’t want to bother sending one I had sitting here to him and would just install it myself. It’s a triggertech special, with bolt release.

Im installing on a defiance deviant action (Has side bolt release) I removed the little piece of sheet metal that is the bolt release from the trigger by removing the trigger screw and the little retaining washer. I installed the trigger and the trigger has a slight click, but does not actuate the firing pin. What am I missing?

I’ve done this install on quite a few guns, only difference here is that I removed the bolt release.

Danny1788

Did you put the screw back in the safety after removing the factory bolt release from the side of the trigger? sounds simple but had to ask.

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Team Member
LRH Sponsor
Ya, that screw holds the trigger in place. Maybe that screw is too tight? Idk

Danny1788

Ya, that screw holds the trigger in place. Maybe that screw is too tight? Idk
Ive only had one problem with a TT special before and it was when i reinstalled the bolt release back on the trigger. The safety got locked and would not unlock. I had to send it back to TT and they sent me a new trigger. I never heard back what the actual problem was with that trigger. I know that doesnt help you but like i said the only time i had issues with them is when i took the bolt release off of one.

Trending threads