Need help with a trigger install

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I just got my first custom rifle today. It's brand new, looks awesome. I didn't have the smith install a trigger because I didn't want to bother sending one I had sitting here to him and would just install it myself. It's a triggertech special, with bolt release.

Im installing on a defiance deviant action (Has side bolt release) I removed the little piece of sheet metal that is the bolt release from the trigger by removing the trigger screw and the little retaining washer. I installed the trigger and the trigger has a slight click, but does not actuate the firing pin. What am I missing?

I've done this install on quite a few guns, only difference here is that I removed the bolt release.

Ya, that screw holds the trigger in place. Maybe that screw is too tight? Idk

Ive only had one problem with a TT special before and it was when i reinstalled the bolt release back on the trigger. The safety got locked and would not unlock. I had to send it back to TT and they sent me a new trigger. I never heard back what the actual problem was with that trigger. I know that doesnt help you but like i said the only time i had issues with them is when i took the bolt release off of one.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.