Help with group results?

NV220swift

Went and shot my 6.5 prc today shooting the
147 ELDM with 55gr of RL25 and ended up with this 5 shot group at 100yds. Was wondering if anyone had any idea what would cause this. Thanks for your time. First shot cold bore was the center shot the last 4 are the group.
29883.jpeg

Thank you for the reply, yes it was a freshly cleaned barrel. I was very happy with the group overall even though the first shot was out, it was exactly where I wanted it to land.

Thank you for the reply, yes it was a freshly cleaned barrel. I was very happy with the group overall even though the first shot was out, it was exactly where I wanted it to land.
Try a cold bore with a could barrel and it will be much closer likely.

Yea, fairly common with some very clean or oiled barrels. Did you leave any oil in the barrel after cleaning?

I did my best to run enough dry patches till they were clean, I forgot to mention aswell I just installed a new stock on the rifle. Not sure if that would have any effect just thought I would throw that out there.

I've had that happen so I always shoot a fouling shot first and to heat up. The new stock could of settled like what was said. Be sure to check your stock screws are tight after shooting a few.
Nice group . What rifle are you shooting ? I have a 27 in. one in. full bull barrel with integral muzzle brake made by MGM in 6.5 PRC for my TC Encore that I'm finally going to get to shoot this Fri.. Have had for 3 months...

Went and shot my 6.5 prc today shooting the
147 ELDM with 55gr of RL25 and ended up with this 5 shot group at 100yds. Was wondering if anyone had any idea what would cause this. Thanks for your time. First shot cold bore was the center shot the last 4 are the group.
View attachment 131286

I have an old Browning Safari grade rifle in .308. It does this ALL the time, and it does it so reliably that I have made it SOP to shoot two rounds down range before walking down to hang a target. By the time I get back to the bench, the skinny little barrel is cool enough to shoot a group to check point of impact. Then I either dial the scope to my standard sight-in for a 200-yard zero, or if that isn't necessary I just go hunt with the rifle. I want to make sure that t's sighted in for a cold barrel with no oil in the bore. That's the way it will be when the deer shows up on the scene. It will get cleaned after deer season is over. I realize that in a wet climate this could be hard on a barrel, but that's why they make more barrels.

I bore scoped the gun several years ago, and it looks like the surface of the moon in there. Must be from having no oil in the bore for a couple of weeks every year, but it still shoots three-shot groups where all three holes are touching each other. Kills deer like crazy, too. If I planned to live another fifty years, I'd also plan on re-barreling this gun at some point. At the rate I shoot it, though, if it has another hundred rounds of useful life in it that would be about ten more years of deer hunting for me. ( I use other rifles for other purposes, and this is my dedicated PA deer rifle.)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.