Help with drops and bc

arrow

I am shooting a .243 Winchester with berger 105 hybrids in an 8 twist. I use to shoot the 105 vld and never had a problem with predictable bullet drop. I am going out again today to get some actual drop data at different ranges. But in the past I used the advertised g7 bc for the 105 hybrid and was shooting out at 1250 yards and was consistently hitting a 1 moa rock. Shooter app was telling me my mv was 3020 fps. So I was using that. I shot at a rock the other day at 1000 yards and it hit something like a minute high. (Don't remember exactly) then shot at 750 yards and was hitting even higher. I went back and adjusted my mv on shooter and my new mv for 750 yards is 3060 fps. I know these were different days in different conditions so I will test different ranges all the same day. I was accounting for temperature absolute pressure and humidity on both days. So like I said this isn't the most scientific evidence yet but there is some kind of problem. I have tested my mark 4 scope and it tracks perfectly. I also just plate around by dropping the bc from .543 to .535, a pretty big jump and still only made the difference of .25 moa at 1000 yards. (I am using g7 but just to test I used g1 for this example.). So what should I do from here to correct the problem?

Also having the same problem with my .300 win mag with 230 hybrids except it hits higher than it should at a distance.

Thanks for all the help

How do I go about finding actual mv? I have had some bad experiences with chromosome. Is the magnetospeed the way to go? I've been thinking about one of those. But even with actual speed it shouldn't be off by a minute an a half between 750 and 1000 yards.

I'm assuming you are joking by saying that fearnowind. I was going off the drop predictions in the shooter app. I was dialing in a different elevation for the different range. But thank you for your helpful response. Does anyone else have any advise on how to true my rifles trajectory via ballistic computer?

Thanks

Arrow

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.