Help! Which Unit to Apply for in WY

ibhuntin

I am hoping for some advice. I have recently moved to Wyoming, and will be a resident later this year. But I have to apply for elk as a non-resident. The good news is I have 6 preference points. So I am looking for a unit I can draw (regular or special), for a rifle hunt that has good numbers of elk and public access. I want to DIY, and wilderness is out unless anyone knows of an outfitter that would customize a hunt in Area 61 or something. I would maybe pay a reasonable trespass fee. Not looking for the monster - in fact after 15 years out west I have yet to kill a bull. Came close a few times, but just couldn't close the deal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can't really help you much on an area, but after 15yrs of DIY and no bull I would be lookin at an outfitter. In fact I would have started 10 years ago. JMO. Welcome to the site though I'm sure someone can give you some advice.

Find a friend that is a resident. Any wy resident can get a resident guides license from g& f for free. Check the g&f web for 2012 season draw odds for LQ units.

You've only got a few hours left to apply! Where do you live / Does it matter to you what part of the state you hunt?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts