Help needed- 480 SRH Barrel work

GeorgeD

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Holland QD muzzle brake for my Ruger 480 SRH. My question is, does anybody know if the barrel on this revolver is removable?

I also am planning on shortening the barrel from 9 1/2" to 6 1/2" to make it more manageable.
I have a friend who is a machinist that has offered to help me with the installation. As every one knows, money is tight all around. But I do wish to do it right.

I would appreciate any help on this project. You can email me direct at: [email protected]

Thanks.

Yes the barrel is removable. Being a machinist is great, but one also needs to understnad the firearm that is being worked on and a Quality Gunsmith is the best way to go. That way there is no wasted money.

I use Jack Huntington @ 530-268-6877 give him a call, he might even walk you through it if you to try it on your own. I don't recomend that aproach though

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.