Help me build my first xp-100

The XP 100 is one that I have had a lot of interest in a number of years ago. I had JD Jones at SSK industries punch out the 7br to a 284 with the stock BBL. He has a way to do this with out leaving the shoulder ring from the 7br in the finished gun. Also he wont do this with out a break unless you have a really good stock. I don't have a break on mine and have a hand picked wood stock that has not broke yet. I will say that the recoil is "Brutal' on mine with out the break. How ever it is the most accurate XP that I own to date. Best of luck with yours. :)

Glad you are pleased with your 284 Win Choy.
Are you shooting it at distance?

The XP 100 is one that I have had a lot of interest in a number of years ago. I had JD Jones at SSK industries punch out the 7br to a 284 with the stock BBL. He has a way to do this with out leaving the shoulder ring from the 7br in the finished gun. Also he wont do this with out a break unless you have a really good stock. I don't have a break on mine and have a hand picked wood stock that has not broke yet. I will say that the recoil is "Brutal' on mine with out the break. How ever it is the most accurate XP that I own to date. Best of luck with yours. :)

Ernie,
I have only shot it at 100 and 200 yards, I actually have a number of xp 100's that I hunt with all are shorter bbls, but this one is the most accurate that I have, it shoots 1/4 inch groups all day long at 100 yards, and the best I can do at 200 with my scope is 1 inch. I also killed the biggest mule deer at 200 yards with this one than all of my other xp's. (my favorite to hunt larger game with is my 308 full length and have used it on many successful hunts) . Our son and I have been shooting practical bolt action matches at range in competition and I suppose when we go up next time to practice at 600 on steel I should take it and try it out!

I am located close to Lebanon Oregon Rogue Hunter where are you located at?

Choy,
I am in Grants Pass.

It would be fun to get together with some of the other local (Oregon) SP shooters for a weekend outing to bang some steel.

My son lives in Dundee and shoots at Tri-County, so when we go up to visit we usually have a range day there.

We are going to Wyoming next June to participate in Ernie's shoot that he puts on. This will be our first time for that. Word is that it's a first class event:D

Feel free to PM me anytime.

-Mike

Got this baby done! A special thanks for your guys suggestions and help!
A special thanks too rouge hunter for the stock!!!!! And to straight shooter supply in Northbend, OR they did a great job!!! Pics are bad I'll make a different tread with all the details and better pictures when I get time.
image.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.