My (New to Me) XP-100R 260 Rem

long450

Well I have been looking for one of these handguns for a while and finally bought one off GunBroker site. This will be used mostly for whitetail deer hunting in Texas and I was wondering what scope you would put on it, if it was yours. I will have to shoot it to be sure of the range for this pistol, but I would expect to shoot deer out to 200 or even 300 yards. I currently have Leupold, Burris, Nikon, and Tasco handgun scopes, plus all kinds of rifle scopes. I have a Leupold 2.5x8 and 4x handgun scopes and a Burris 3x12 handgun scope available to put on now. I also have a Leupold 3x9 rifle scope and a Zeiss 3x9 rifle scope avaialable.

I will probably use some of the information from here or specialty pistol forum to paint the stock something different from the gray. I may camo paint it or paint it black with white webbing. I guess I could just put the camo tape on it. Any thoughts?

if usinga pistol scope I would go with the 3x12 burris. however there has been more and more talk as to using a rifle scope. I am now looking at transitioning to the rifle scopes as well, jsut make sure you keep adequate distancew between eye and scope.
congrats on your new toy.
nmhunter

i have the 2x7 burrris on my encore i been thinking about some of the nikon black powder scopes there being advertised as having 5 inch eye relief

JIM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.