XP-100R 260 Build

Sharpshooter243

Over the next few weeks I will be putting this thread together to show my first specialty pistol/ custom build.
Back in June I purchased this stock XP-100R on gunbroker.com
I never shot it just started to piece it out. Here is what it looked like when I picked it up from transfer dealer.
StockRemingtonXP-100R.jpg

I sold the stock after I made a visit to PDC Custom here in Michigan to discuss having a stock made that would accept Accuracy International magazines.
Then I contacted McGowen Precision Barrel to have a 18" Douglas #8 contour barrel made with a 1 in 8.5" twist(wanted a 8" but I screwed up when I e-mailed order).
I am duracoating the barrel tomorrow will post pics when it is finished

Last edited:
The duracoat dried so I attached the EGW 20moa base and mocked up the IOR that will hopefully help the bullets fly in a nice tight group.
XP-100R2.jpg

Now all that is left is to wait for a call saying that the stock is finished... Any thoughts on the progress?

Last edited:
I plan to use it for hunting and paper punching. My big plan though is to have a 1000yd pistol...not sure if this one will do it but as soon as I find the wide open space I want to try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.