XP 100 headed my way!

sambo3006

Finally took the plunge. I have been playing around with getting back into long range handgunning using my Encore as a platform but since it is registered as a rifle I decided against the idea. You can never be too careful in these times, especially given who the Attorney General is.
I found an XP 100 7BR that had been rechambered to 7mm08 and a few other modifications for silhouette shooting. Got it for a decent price. Still has the factory Zytel stock but that might change if I get a good deal on a semi inletted laminated center grip stock. I have a T/C 2.5-7x scope that should do nicely. It has the illuminated reticle feature which should be nice for low light shooting. For now I will probably just play with it to see how it shoots but it would be a good candidate for a rebarrel with it's .473 bolt face. The 284 Win in about an 18" light heavy barrel sounds intriguing.
Hopefully I got a diamond in the rough here. I won't get too much of a chance to play with it as I have a Colorado mule deer hunt coming up in a month and I'm trying to decide which rifle to take, doing a little shooting here and there as work permits.
Back in the early 90's I had a Contender in 223 that I was able to hold 3/4" groups with at 100 yds, hope I still have the touch!

Have fun, I have one in 7 br for silhouette shooting. I like the balance for silhouettes with the center grip but for hunting I like the rear grip stuff and a bipod, at least for out west.
I know that Len got his first xp deer with a rear grip xp in 260 rem. a couple of years ago ;-)

Got it scoped with a T/C 2.5-7 lighted reticle. The center grip design balances nicely. I figure on loading up some 120 gr BT's at around 2600 fps for whitetails. Hopefully it will be a shooter. I'll get a picture up as soon as I get time.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.