Help….ran out of elevation on my scope

jrg_80

Have a Mark V 30-378 that I recently swapped scope rings out to Leupold Backcountry(Talley type) highs and my zeiss hd5 5-25x50 scope. Took out to shoot today and ran out of elevation and still 6" low at 100yds. Suggestion on correcting please and Thanks

jrg

Before the ring swap I was running a EGW mount with TPS rings….everything was good except I didn't care for the lack of finger clearance between rail and action when loading the rifle. Was going with Talley but figured I'd try the Leupold ones with a little more stout design to it….

Did the EGW mount you were using have any cant to it? Like 20 moa?
No sir 0moa

My thoughts are at this point that I naught have some factory discrepancies between the rear/front rings. Might pull the scope off tomorrow and run my Lapping/Alignment tools thru the rings and see how they line up. Kinda stumped here at the moment.

jrg

Lance - If what I've been doing is correct(completely removing the cap, resetting the insert, adjusting around until it stops and repeating) then I've done that until it won't go anymore….

jrg

Lance - If what I've been doing is correct(completely removing the cap, resetting the insert, adjusting around until it stops and repeating) then I've done that until it won't go anymore….

I think if the zero stop was blocking your ability to adjust elevation it would be in the downward direction of bullet impact. As I understand it your problem is being able to move the bullet impact upward.

Really. That sounds like a potential PIA to initially zero the scope.
I had 2 of them and sold them because of that issue. They fixed it on the V4 and V6. The had great glass, but 1 rev o elevation was not enough for stretching it out. Maybe on a "Regular" hunting scope that's more than enough, and they might thought almost nobody would need more but in the end the ended up discontinuing to open space for the V series.