Need help deciding on a scope

sdurha01

Im looking at a swaro z6 2.5-15x56mm or a zeiss victory ht 3-12x56mm. Im torn because ive heard the zeiss is brighter in low light which is what im after plus it has a ir and is cheaper. I like the side focus on the swaro and the mag range, but i dont like the cost of the ir version. Which would be better optically and as a good hunting scope most shots will be at or under 500yds, if thats the case do i need a side focus?

You will receive 20 different answers on this one. I always suggest buy the best you can get within the budget you have otherwise save up some more money then pick/buy. Side paralex adjustment too me is important.

Good hunting and best of luck with the scope search.

I would recommend re-posting in the "Long range scopes and other optics" forum. There is a gentleman who haunts those parts named Bruce Ventura. My experience is that he gives highly technical, informed, and unbiased advice on questions like these.

Worth the time to repost, IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.