Hello, anybody know the upgrades between Remington 700 Sendero SF I II

I haven't held one yet, but I do know the stock is different. It has a more vertical pistol grip with bigger palm swells, the forearm is wider, and it has two sling studs. The flutes on the barrel are black, I'm not sure if they're painted on or what. There may be more differences, someone will add on to my reply.

new sfII has new trigger and has a new price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I cant speak for the I's

Hello, I just went through this recently and can say that the finish on the action and barrel is different. The 1 is bead blasted vs bright polished stainless with black flutes. The new stock I personally found as a backward step. You will see plenty of them for sale secondhand as many people have not warmed to them. The original stock was great. Also the new version has a new trigger. I was a much bigger fan of the older model. Just my 2 cents worth ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

buy the I..... You won't be sorry !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sendero I , 7mm RM , 168 Bergers, 71 grains retumbo

470118-big.JPG

I bought a slightly used Sendero 1, matte black, 270win, at a chain store last winter. As far as I could tell less than a box of shells went through it. My first 3 handloads I tried shot clusters at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 inches all with different wieght bullets. I didn't even get a chance to play with seating depth. I would deffinetly not be afraid to buy the original. And as others said I too preffer the original stock by HS.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.