He!lp with validating my ballistic progra

snojnke

So now that spring is here and I'm blazing rounds down range I need an explanation on how to validate my actual ballistics against my ballistic program. As an example yesterday I asked for 590 yards and it gave 8.67 MOA and I shot a nice three inch group but about 5-6 inches high. How do I translate that so the next time I ask for 590 it will give me the right dial-up? I'm using Shooter Solution app on android.

I have always validated with exbal. I use shooter but am unaware of or have never used it to validate. However, if all the other info is correct (the info u put in such as BC), u can just change your velocity until it calls for a solution call of 7.67 moa. Basically u need for it to call for 1 moa less. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
I have always validated with exbal. I use shooter but am unaware of or have never used it to validate. However, if all the other info is correct (the info u put in such as BC), u can just change your velocity until it calls for a solution call of 7.67 moa. Basically u need for it to call for 1 moa less. Does that make sense?
+1 To my knowledge there is no way to validate your velocity on shooter. If there is I wish someone would tell us where to find it:D I also use exbal for that purpose.

Thanks guys for all the input. The gun was reassured zero just prior to shooting the group. After looking at my app I did not enter my elevation, it was at 0 when in reality I was shooting at 5000 ft. Beginner mistake I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.