Hazmat charge

HockeyDad

When you order powder and primers online, is the $19.99 hazmat charge per order or per item? If I order 2 sleeves of primers and 2 lbs of powders am I going to get hit with 80 bucks in hazmat charges?

Yes, per order and normally up to 48 pounds.
This from Powder Valley's web site:
"Hazmat Packages: We can ship up to 48 lbs of different powder and primers under one hazmat fee to save you money. UPS and FedEx charge $19.95 Per Package on Hazardous Materials. Powder and Primers are Hazardous."

Beware that some sellers drop ship from different places, so you could get two (or more) shipments with a hazmat charge for each. I've read that this has happened at Midway, but I've not experienced it myself.

Yeah really kills buying when paired with "Limit 1 per customer".

I'd make a $1k+ backorder if they'd pre-sell me kegs and actually ship 48# at once 🤣

I recently bought from Midway, $15.99 hazmat charge when I found two items I wanted. I used to get mostly 1 pounders, but these days get 8's so the surcharge per pound is less and because what I want is seldom found. If I find only one item, I usually pass on it because the haz and shipping add so much cost.