Having problems with my rifle

Plowboy2003

I have a savage 110 in a .270 I have put two different scopes on it and changed the mounts but it still has run out of wind age adjustment to the right can anyone help please

I have a savage 110 in a .270 I have put two different scopes on it and changed the mounts but it still has run out of wind age adjustment to the right can anyone help please

If Savage 110 is the rifle, as I suspect it is, I don't understand what it has to do with the scope windage. Perhaps I'm missing something here but windage would apply to the rifle's mechanics if we were working with iron sights but the scope mechanics begin with the scope itself and the mounts/rings. Can you be more specific?

If you are running out of windage adjustment trying to zero the scope. It could be that the base screw holes on the action are not aligned correctly. Have had the issue on a couple of Savage actions.

One solution is to use Burris Signature Zee rings and get the offset alignment inserts for them. This should allow you to adjust the windage until there are same amount of clicks on left and right on the scope. Can also add MOA elevation like an 20 MOA base too, if you want.

Some say they have problems keeping the scope secure in these rings. My solution has always been to clean rings with alcohol and clean the inserts with alcohol as well. The I spread a small amount of rosin on the insides of the rings and on the inside of the inserts, then tighten to specks. I have a set of the rings on a 300 RUM and zero has never moved.

Windage is very seldomly an issue when mounting a scope. The only 3 things I can thinks of is:
1) Receiver not drilled straight (possible but unlikely)
2) You have 2 bad scopes
3) You are adjusting the windage wrong on your scopes

As stated above, it would be nice to get much more detailed information and exactly what you have tried.

What kind of rings are you using and base. Is the base a 2 piece or one piece? Last, what kind of scopes are you using?

One solution is to use Burris Signature Zee rings and get the offset alignment inserts for them. This should allow you to adjust the windage until there are same amount of clicks on left and right on the scope. Can also add MOA elevation like an 20 MOA base too, if you want.

+1!

Last edited by a moderator:
A really good friend of mine experienced this with his savage. Notify Savage and send it to them for warranty work. I am a huge Savage fan. But every once in a while mistakes happen with anything. Regardless of brand. They fixed my friends rifle. It came back with a factory installed one piece base. No more issues after that.

Do you have the Leupold windage Bases? if not get a set and install them then zero scope and adjust the windage on the bases first, then shoot and adjust the scope. If you do have them skip step 1

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.