Have you sold bulk (exhausted) brass?

Varmint Hunter

I've been saving my exhausted brass for many years. It's all clean, deprimed and ready to be sold for its brass content. Has anyone sold their old brass to a salvage facility? How much should I expect to get per pound?

I've been saving my exhausted brass for many years. It's all clean, deprimed and ready to be sold for its brass content. Has anyone sold their old brass to a salvage facility? How much should I expect to get per pound?
The academy I worked for sold it in bulk for scrap price. The salvage place I sold it to listed the going rate, you could probably find it on local websites. But if it's once fired you could sell it on here.

Don't know about selling it by the pound. I had a good friend take his brass to a Foundry and had it melted down and had "Brass Rod/Blocks" made. Then he turned them down on his lathe and made me a "F" Class Front rest.

The academy I worked for sold it in bulk for scrap price. The salvage place I sold it to listed the going rate, you could probably find it on local websites. But if it's once fired you could sell it on here.

Most of the brass is Lapua and it has been loaded as many times as I'm comfortable with. Some have loosened pockets while others just reached 8-10X category and up in the junk brass pile.

I'm guessing all the public and private ranges sell their accumulated brass for scrap.

Most of the brass is Lapua and it has been loaded as many times as I'm comfortable with. Some have loosened pockets while others just reached 8-10X category and up in the junk brass pile.

I'm guessing all the public and private ranges sell their accumulated brass for scrap.
We had big 55 gallon drums filled with brass. It was once fired so we had an agreement with one of our ammo suppliers for trade in value also. I'd call the local scrap yards, they have the brass seperated into different categories for prices.

I found the answer for anyone who may be interested:

I had very good luck with RE26 but when the jug started to run dry, I looked for alternatives. I found that RE23 gave just as good accuracy with a nominal reduction in velocity.

I recently grabbed a jug of H1000 so I'm shooting a few magnum rifles with that now. You've got to be flexible in this time of shortages. Truth is that many powders will work in most applications if you give them a try.