Have any of you guys here tried Wipeout barrel cleaner??

kraky

People sure seem to like it. I got some and it seems to work as advertised. Many of you guys shoot more in a day than I do in 6 months. Figured you'd be the "kings of knowledge"!!!

tried it, works ok, but nothing to whoop and hollar about. Will stay with my Montana Extreme and JB, works better than anything I have used. Just borescoped by 6.5-06 AI and clean as a whistleafter about 700 rds downrange.

I have been testing WipeOut extensively for several months now.

Good copper remover, albeit slow. Factory barrels that foul badly need multiple treatments of severa hours to be effective. Custom barrels clean up much quicker. (Nothing new there, eh?!)

Not real effective for powder fouling. Use a general solvent for that.

WipeOut is convenient and odour free so I will continue to use it, however, it is more expeditious to clean the copper with Sweet's or CR-10 if you need the rifle ready the next day.

I recommend WipeOut to friends who are not real skilled at cleaning arms. I'd rather see their rifle soaking with the foam than have them running cheap rods and brushes in and out of the bore trying to scrub out the copper fouling.

A nice product, but not the pot of gold at the end of the range day!

Regards,

~Holmes

I've been using Wipe-Out a little while now and I agree 100 percent with Holmes. It's a decent product, but nothing to get excited about. I prefer my old cleaning routine consisting of Shooters Choice (mixed 3 to 1 with Kroil), Barnes CR-10 and the occassional going over with JB paste.

If you guys email me I will give you a parts list for an inexpensive style foulout system by using your local Radio Shack as a supplier and MSC supply company for a few esential items.
It is a portable unit as well as a 110 unit, using two 9 volt batteries or a 110 to 12 dc power selector.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.