Has anyone used the XLR reticule?

angus-5024

I was in the sports store today and came across the Vortex Viper HS 4-16X50 with the XLR reticile. I was impressed with the reticile to say the least. Rather than the center dot being a little big (.15MOA) i think that it is about as good as a reticule can get.
That being said, has anybody used it (I know that a few have, so please chime in)?
I love the reticile, but would want it in the PST line, as well as a sfp option maybe. I really think that if Vortex were to use this in the PST's it would relly blow all the competitors (in the same price range) out of the water.

sub_vpr_hs-lr_f_4-16x50_xlr_moa.jpg

I really like the Viper HS LR line of scopes. Half MOA elevation adjustments and a capped windage. Perfect hunting scope for use horseback not having that windage knob sticking out to the side a inch. When first looking at the XLR reticle I thought it was way too busy but it has kinda grown on me and the Viper HS LR with the XLR reticle is my next scope this summer.

I would also be interested in hearing any first hand opinions on this reticle

i have the 6-24 on a custom 6.5 creedmoor only have about 30 rounds through it so far but i like every thing about it. I like the open center and dot as on 24 power it does not seem to cover up what you are shooting at. The eye box is a little tight all the way on the 24 but nothing that is not usable. If it is nice out this weekend hope to take it out and do a full tracking test and shoot to 800 and if time allows wack some pdogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.