Has anyone used a Magnospeed Riflekuhl?

I just put a piece of ice over my chamber. Nothing pulls BTU's out of a steel bar quite as well. I shoot a lot in really hot conditions so I'll tend to have a nice cold drink nearby. Worst case, pour water over it with the muzzle pointed downward and the bolt closed (don't get water inside your barrel, I can't see that ever being a good idea).

I have one still to test out, but I have been using a dewalt air pump/tire inflator. 20v batteries last multiple range trips and it pumps tons of air through the barrel. I have a few short pieces of rubber fuel hose in my range bag to fit different chambers. The riflekuhl is something I'll use where the large dewalt unit isn't able to make it.

I use a USD type Chamber Chiller and really like it. It runs off of the lithium battery that I use for my Labradar. Both can run at the same time no problem. If I take 2 rifles to shoot by the time I am done with one the other is ready to go. I am in Oklahoma so 90-100 degree days are common now.
Everyone used to ask me about the Lab Radar but not anymore. All questions are "what is that thing?" about the chamber chiller. Don't know if it is the best price but I got mine on Amazon for $41.

I have a Barrel Cool but which works fine, but I was surprised at how effective simply putting the rifle vertically in a rack aids in barrel cooling. The vertical barrel acts like a chimney and draws strongly Without batteries. Rifles cool many minutes faster in this orientataion than when left on the bags.

Doing nothing except giving the rifle time to cool is a very good way to solve this problem. If you stand the rifle up and open the bolt, natural convection will do the job. It just takes time.

Using a chamber chiller will expedite the time without shocking the barrel with some type of coolant other than air. I have seen shooters use water or other liquids to cool their barrels and don't recommend this practice because it is not uniform and I don't want to add stresses if it is possible to cool it a safe and uniform way.

In my opinion air is the slowest and least risky way to cool, and the safest way not to harm the barrel or finish. Using any air cooler with a rechargeable power supply is what I would recommend.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Doing nothing except giving the rifle time to cool is a very good way to solve this problem. If you stand the rifle up and open the bolt, natural convection will do the job. It just takes time.

Using a chamber chiller will expedite the time without shocking the barrel with some type of coolant other than air. I have seen shooters use water or other liquids to cool their barrels and don't recommend this practice because it is not uniform and I don't want to add stresses if it is possible to cool it a safe and uniform way.

In my opinion air is the slowest and least risky way to cool, and the safest way not to harm the barrel or finish. Using any air cooler with a rechargeable power supply is what I would recommend.

Just my opinion to cool the barrel down. I mostly use it on a 338LM, that beast does generate HEAT.

J E CUSTOM
I second using a Chamber Chiller

Just had a great morning at the range testing pressures for my 6.5 PRC. Only bummer is waiting between groups for the barrel to cool. Has anyone used a Magnospeed Riflekuhl? Any luck cooling the barrel quicker? Is this a bad idea?
I have a chamber chiller but it is a *** made of thin cheap plastic. I bought the rifle kuhl and it is great quality but make sure you keep batteries handy.

Why not just use the wife's phone and set up facetime.. seams free and easy.. on the other hand now that I think about it. This is probably easier 😆
Living here in South Western Florida, I am using a product called the chamber chiller.
I like and approve of this product and its ability to cool down rifle barrels fairly quickly due to the fact of having a high capacity cooling fan with a very small footprint.
if you are interested please use the web to find them and compare your options.
I'm certain that you will need to go over the specs twice in order to make a rational decision.
I have no affiliation to Chamber Chillers, I just use and support them!
Hope This will help you !
They don't ship to Canada :((((((

I was trying to get a rifle dialed in a couple years ago for a hunt, live in Florida so barrels don't cool fast in July and August. Bought one of some brand that is somewhat similar to the riflekhul. Too small moving too little air! My range has 110 volt outlets at benches. So I took my shopvac and after a couple shots, I'd shove the barrel into the hose up to front of scope, open bolt and turn on vac. This worked sooooomuch better than some dinky little fan. I dont use electronic muffs so don't know if that's a problem and range is usually empty during summer heat so nobody cared about noise. Works for me,

Just had a great morning at the range testing pressures for my 6.5 PRC. Only bummer is waiting between groups for the barrel to cool. Has anyone used a Magnospeed Riflekuhl? Any luck cooling the barrel quicker? Is this a bad idea?
Use one thought it was a gimmick when I first looked at it got one used it great little machine cools barrel twice as fast and can be used as a chamber flag at the same time

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.