Has anyone tried 270 grain EldX out of 338 Edge

This wont be exact what I shot but close .
My note book is 2000 miles away right now ! Ha ha

Rum Man

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-212722_Shooter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-212722_Shooter.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 38
This wont be exact what I shot but close .
My note book is 2000 miles away right now ! Ha ha

Rum Man
Oh ok. I live on the Eastern side of the U.S and not to many places that we can really stretch it out. I watched my kid make a 1863 yd shot last fall out west. I was impressed with that.

I'm in Montana right now but will be headed home to Michigan shortly ..
Long range is slim pickens where I live to.

Rum Man
Ok
My son had 16.02 mills at 1863yds with 275 grain lazer CEB. 9100 elevation. I am fascinated with the edge and have trying to decide whether to build a edge or lapua improved. I thought about the xc's but limited on brass options. I think the other two has more options if you get into a pinch but that probably won't happen but never know the way things are going now.

It was easy for me with having several 300 Rums and all that brass !
Plus the Remington action is easy to build a Edge from . I'm just getting into custom actions now .
My favorite was a Stainless Remington action a 30" proof. T-3 Termanator and a McMillan Game Hunter Edge stock ! Took my last Bull Elk at 1244 yards with a 300 gr berger !
One happy day for me !
Great Memories!

Rum Man

Attachments

• IMG953726.jpg
    IMG953726.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Plus the Remington action is easy to build a Edge from . I'm just getting into custom actions now .
My favorite was a Stainless Remington action a 30" proof. T-3 Termanator and a McMillan Hunters Edge stock ! Took my last Bull Elk at 1244 yards with a 300 gr berger !
One happy day for me !
Great Memories!

Rum Man
Nice.
My sons is built off a Remington action as well with a manners stock, gen 1 razor and proof 28" barrel and area 419 break. I am thinking that I am going to get a terminus for my next build. Terminus shop is approximately 2 hours from me.
E9579F2E-1882-4F4C-8255-9574361B4F4D.jpeg

I really like the Razor I have too ! Its heavy but very tough . You cant beat the 125 min of elevation available !

Rum Man

Last edited:
How stable is reloader 33? He will be using this from the high country to hunting to 2000 ft elevation. What is your overall length with the 285 eldm?
My hunting buddy in Louisiana was running RL33 in his 28 Nosler. His gunsmith actually developed the load for him. 83 grains pushing the 195 Berger EOL. Took it out on a 85 degree day in and started blowing primers. It was like flipping a switch. Under 80 degrees and it was fine. No noticeable pressure signs. Over 85 and it was unsafe. We dropped the charge 2 grains and it was back to the original velocity. In the end we switched to a different powder.

My hunting buddy in Louisiana was running RL33 in his 28 Nosler. His gunsmith actually developed the load for him. 83 grains pushing the 195 Berger EOL. Took it out on a 85 degree day in and started blowing primers. It was like flipping a switch. Under 80 degrees and it was fine. No noticeable pressure signs. Over 85 and it was unsafe. We dropped the charge 2 grains and it was back to the original velocity. In the end we switched to a different powder.
That is kind of what I am hearing.

My favorite was a Stainless Remington action a 30" proof. T-3 Termanator and a McMillan Game Hunter Edge stock ! Took my last Bull Elk at 1244 yards with a 300 gr berger !
One happy day for me !
Great Memories!

Rum Man
Would you mind sharing impact velocity the 300 gr Berger on the 1244 yard elk and how the bullet performed? I have been shooting them in a 338 edge but have always wondered if they would work well at that kind of range.

Would you mind sharing impact velocity the 300 gr Berger on the 1244 yard elk and how the bullet performed? I have been shooting them in a 338 edge but have always wondered if they would work well at that kind of range.
CEB lazers expand down to a velocity of 1400fps and I was wondering the same about Berger 300 grain and 250 grain and hornady 270 grain eldx.

I dont remember exact time temp ect . But this will be very close for my shot info.
Velosity - 1607.1 fps
Energy - 1723.2 lbs
Time - 1.752 sec.
9.4 mils
I use bergers hands down ! Its terminal damage on game ...when placed correctly is devastating on Critters . Just my opinion. Not looking for a thrown down match ! Ha ha

Rum Man

Last edited: