Has anyone tried 270 grain EldX out of 338 Edge

Good to know. I have a 6.5 STW that I worked up a load for the 147 ELD-M. I'm hoping the extra speeds helps. But I think the .338s are a different animal all together because of the size of them. The doe I shot at 50 yards had pieces of lung outside the deer when I found her.

Good to know. I have a 6.5 STW that I worked up a load for the 147 ELD-M. I'm hoping the extra speeds helps. But I think the .338s are a different animal all together because of the size of them. The doe I shot at 50 yards had pieces of lung outside the deer when I found her.
Maybe
That is why I am staying away from the eldm. But we have used the eldx 2 times in a 6.5/284 on game and they worked well. Granted the farthest shot used was 300 yds on game. My son shot them at a 1034 yds out of a 6.5/284 and busted a clay bird on a bank. Then he shot one at a grand at a target and was 4" left of center of the x ring with a spotter rifle. They seem to shoot well but liked to be jumped a lot.

We have used the Berger 300 EH on 4 elk from a 338 edge and 2 worked good and 2 penciled. 500 to 900 yards. Tips were cleaned out with drill bit! What happens to the tip when it goes thru the hide ??? Plug up ?? I've shot the 285 eldm in wet newspaper at reduced load and they come apart bad! The Berger's didn't expand at all in the same target! I won't use them for hunting anymore. I think the 285m would work good at long range on a rib shot. Lots of lead there and they did get lots of penetration. The 270 x should work ok ? I'm going to use 300 grain accubonds this season . Elk in pic was shot dead center thru both shoulders with 300 gr elite hunter at 536 yards and it run off like nothing happened . Went down 400 yards away! Would of lost it with lung shot. Pic is exit wound .
927F8F03-0DBB-44ED-8356-C5F5A28BE249.jpeg