Has anyone shot a legendary arms works professional rifle?

I have a .308 professional and a .26 Nosler Closer. I am happy with both of them and they both shoot. Put a different Timney in the .308, wider trigger. May shoot it again this weekend. I am looking for a deal on a .300WM but am in no rush

I sent my LAW back in 7 Rem Mag. It had a REALLY hard bolt lift after being fired or dry fired (not from too high of pressure, even with no ammo loaded). Safety was also really hard to engage. And the trigger went haywire after my adjustment. I can adjust the trigger to how I like and it works in all my other 700's and customs, but in the LAW it just doesn't act normal when put back in there. Timney sent me a new seer I mentioned in another post above, but that didn't help. I haven't even told them about the accuracy issues I was having yet. Once this issue is correct I'm optimistic it will shoot great. Side note, it came out heavier than advertised. Mine was right at 7 pounds, not 6.8. Everything looks and feels great, just hope I can get it to shoot. They also had to send me a new thread protector as the one they sent me was for a smaller contour barrel, so I measured the barrel right before the threads, and they sent me one that matched. Looks much better now. Glad to hear some are shooting. I'll keep everyone posted. I sent it in early August, and am supposed to get an update today from the LAW gunsmith.

I sent my LAW back in 7 Rem Mag. It had a REALLY hard bolt lift after being fired or dry fired (not from too high of pressure, even with no ammo loaded). Safety was also really hard to engage. And the trigger went haywire after my adjustment. I can adjust the trigger to how I like and it works in all my other 700's and customs, but in the LAW it just doesn't act normal when put back in there. Timney sent me a new seer I mentioned in another post above, but that didn't help. I haven't even told them about the accuracy issues I was having yet. Once this issue is correct I'm optimistic it will shoot great. Side note, it came out heavier than advertised. Mine was right at 7 pounds, not 6.8. Everything looks and feels great, just hope I can get it to shoot. They also had to send me a new thread protector as the one they sent me was for a smaller contour barrel, so I measured the barrel right before the threads, and they sent me one that matched. Looks much better now. Glad to hear some are shooting. I'll keep everyone posted. I sent it in early August, and am supposed to get an update today from the LAW gunsmith.

Thanks for the update! Do you know what contour barrel you have? I've heard the they up sized from their original offering..

I do not know, but it would have been the first one, as I pre-ordered as soon as they announced their product. I noticed the weights all bumped up a bit on the website, and was wondering why, so that makes sense. I wonder if they'll change it out if I ask them? Thanks for the info.

LAW got back to me today. Not sure what exactly the problem was, but they are replacing the entire bolt. They have already fit it, and are just waiting on coating at this point, and will ship it back. Hopefully she'll be golden after that.

I had 2 professionals. One in a 280AI and one in a 308 win. Both shot like crap. The both would not shoot under 2 inch consistently 3 shot groups at the bench with premium ammo. Sold them both to a guy local who only wanted the action and stocks to build off of. Have been told that both rifles shoot awesome now. After a full action blueprinting, new Bartliens, repillar bedded stocks, new muzzle breaks and recerakoted. I believe he is into each rifle for $3000. He paid me $800 each.

I will never shoot another one.

Brian

Yea, I will have $2500 or so into mine by the time it gets back from the gunsmith, new barrel, re-bed, square action etc. The gunsmith just shook his head when he heard my story, says much of his work is going thru guns from semi-custom gun makers that just will not shoot .

I have seen two different LAW's shoot now and I have been impressed with their accuracy. To clarify these were not mine and they were both shooting factory ammo.

I don't understand why if a rifle will not shoot why would someone not send it back to LAW?? Mark Bansner has been in this business a long time and I am sure would do what it takes to make it right.

280AI and 26 Nosler. Both were purchased here locally at SW.

Another quick note here that came to mind when remembering this. The guy shooting the 26 Nosler was shooting 3" groups free recoil until I suggested to him to use his off hand to hold the forend to keep the rifle from hopping in his front rest. Everything was sub moa after that.

Got the LAW back today for anyone still wondering. New bolt, new trigger. Rifle weighs 7.03 Lbs bare without rings or the factory bases. It looks like they may have added the larger contour barrel but I can't tell. It just looks bigger. I don't recall if I measured the barrel before sending, but will look and see. Haven't pulled it apart to see if they looked at anything else. Small looking mark on the barrel that wasn't there when I sent it, so I think the barrel if it's the same one I sent came off anyway. It deficiently feels much better now. Normal bolt lift and safety manipulation. I'm torn if I want to sell it as it's basically new again, or see how it shoots, and throw my Premier Light Tactical 3-15 on there, and have a midrange hunting rifle to compliment my brush gun and LR gun!

The old #3 barrels were 0.63 and the new #4 are .68 at the muzzle.

I have a 6.5 CM with the #4 barrel and it is super accurate. I am averaging 0.50- 0.75 with factory ELD-X ammo.

I would say to go ahead and shoot the gun before you sell it. Hopefully your gun will shoot good now with all the changes made. Let us know how you make out.

Have 3 of them
260, 28 nosler, 300 Win
hand loaded 260 shoots in the 2s
28 Nosler shoots the 180 Bergers under a half inch
300 about the same with 210s
About the best value you can get, they had a few minor problems early on that seem to have been taken care of. I love their Rifles.