Has anyone shot a legendary arms works professional rifle?

After reading the gun writers fluff pieces, I bought one...nice rifle. then I found the forum reviews and took it back unfired.
i have been down that bumpy road before. Veteran of the forums for many years, too bad the real info seems to get yanked sometimes...

After reading the gun writers fluff pieces, I bought one...nice rifle. then I found the forum reviews and took it back unfired.
i have been down that bumpy road before. Veteran of the forums for many years, too bad the real info seems to get yanked sometimes...

What cartridge was yours chambered for? The only issues so far have been the 280 ack and 300 winny...

thanks for the welcome...
Rifle was #161...300 Win...
Stock issues with the first 400 guns sounds like...poor response from LAW
Ordered a Lane precision Ti Reaper yesterday...life is too short and too busy...
My Dad has a saying...buy once...cry once...:)

Stock issues with the first 400 guns sounds like...poor response from LAW
Ordered a Lane precision Ti Reaper yesterday

a reasonable response to all the noise on other forums... and you do have a better idea of the performance you'll get spending $3.5 to $5.5K on a custom... but it is funny how the number keeps growing. To date they've shipped about 500 rifles. The issue with the bedding block was discovered a few months ago and was isolated to about 100 rifles shipped. I was in my dealers shop when he pointed it out with one he had received. He had the replacement in hand the next week.

Last edited:
I have been on forums a long time..mostly archery the past several years, you really have to dig to get any real, in the hands info...
I have been shooting Dakotas and they are a great company, accurate and not over the top price wise...I just wish they made true, LW rifles with longer barrels...
A few more $ and peace of mind...
Mark, at first stop guns is a great Dealer...

Tagging in. I have had a LAW 7mm Rem Mag on order for quite a while for a lightweight timber gun. Was hoping to get it with this last shipment of 7 Mags that went out from the September run, but haven't got the call from my dealer yet! Leaving for my hunt Sunday. May get it yet I suppose. Has anyone measured the internal mag length at all? Wondering if guys are going to have issues seating to the lands and feeding from the magazine. FYI if anyone wants Talley one piece bases insead of the rail that overhangs a tiny bit, use the Nesika Bay selection from Talley. I have confirmed this with LAW.

I have a 280 AI number 243 and it is a great shooting and handling gun, Right out of the box shot .5 moa but after about 40 rounds through it the groups started spreading out to about 2moa. I changed scopes thinking it was the scope with the same results. Has anyone else seen this kind of issue?

I got one in a 28 Nosler. Took longer to get the ammo. They had two sitting on their shelves. I ordered it thru Discount Gun Mart in San Diego. $ 1549! I am hoping it holds to the sub MOA warranty. Scoped with a Bushnell Tactical Elite 5-21x50 H59 Retical.

Can't wait to shoot it this Friday. I bought the Lee match dies from Len. Hopefully I can work up some lead free loads before my pig hunt next month in California's lead free zone.

Any one have any experience with lead free loads in a 28 Nosler with Barnes TSX 160 or 175 Gr bullet? I have some RL33 on the way.

I got a bad one. From what I've read, the accuracy issues have been isolated to rifles chambered in 280 AI and 300 win mag. Mine was a 280 AI. I say "was" because it has been at the factory being "fixed" for about three months now. All I can say is, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. My dealer just recently agreed to refund my money after my last conversation with LAW.

I'm not on here to bash the company. I just want others to know what might happen should they decide to buy one.

I got a bad one. From what I've read, the accuracy issues have been isolated to rifles chambered in 280 AI and 300 win mag. Mine was a 280 AI. I say "was" because it has been at the factory being "fixed" for about three months now. All I can say is, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. My dealer just recently agreed to refund my money after my last conversation with LAW.

I read about that and several others. Seems like it was a bedding issue on those. They weRe aware of it at Discount Gun Mart and said it had been resolved. I will see at the break in Monday. Seems like any manufactured item can be a lemon and they need to be more committed to customer service. Sounds like a small crew and they are working there asses off to keep up with demand. One guy at Discount Guns bought 3 of them.

I spoke to their rep at the Shot Show. They have dropped their base model and raised their prices. They have changed some personnel. I was not impressed by the person I spoke to. Had a friend wanting one, but after shot he's going a different direction. I really like the feel of the gun but I doubt they will be around in 5 years. Just my 2 cents.

I spoke to their rep at the Shot Show. They have dropped their base model and raised their prices. They have changed some personnel. I was not impressed by the person I spoke to. Had a friend wanting one, but after shot he's going a different direction. I really like the feel of the gun but I doubt they will be around in 5 years. Just my 2 cents.

If I can't get sub MOA after 50 rounds of Accubonds loaded by Nosler I will return it for sure. I figure if I do get sub then keep it. If I shoot out the barrel at 800 rounds then I will send it to Pierce for a new barrel. I really like the action. I compared it to my Sako Finnlight 30-06 action and if Sako had a 28 Nosler I would be all over it.

A good product has to be backed by customer service. My friend had a Bog Pod that was no longer working right. He called customer service and lady said the model had been changed and she would send out the replacement part right away. He recieved a new Bog Pod in 3 days.