Has anyone shot a legendary arms works professional rifle?

Thanks for the heads up on the muzzle break issue. I was look g for a reason was I consistently had flyers. Bullet would not go through the brake. Never properly reamed. Oops. LAW send send it back, but had a local smith do it rather than wonder when id see it again. Hope it solves my issue

Thanks for the heads up on the muzzle break issue. I was look g for a reason was I consistently had flyers. Bullet would not go through the brake. Never properly reamed. Oops. LAW send send it back, but had a local smith do it rather than wonder when id see it again. Hope it solves my issue

I had that same problem with a Quiet Brake years ago. The company flat out refused to cooperate with solving the problem. I even had the magazine company in which they advertised try to be an inter-mediator and that was rebuffed.

Follow up to my improperly reamed muzzle brake. Had a local smith do what was needed, and finally had a chance to shoot it- 300 win mag Professional. To be fair to LAW, it shoots as it should now that the bullets no longer contact the brake upon exiting. It does seem to be finicky about what you feed it with the brake on, and much less so with the brake off. Likes 190 LR Accubonds with 72 grains IMR 4831 best with or without (seated .005 off). I found I liked shooting it less without the brake on.... Hmmm. Points of impact changed significantly with vs: without, so do not decide to remove the brake and hunt without re-zeroing. I'll be keeping this rifle, as I was able to group sub MOA consistently with a load it liked. Lastly, I was able to seat very close to the lands with a 190 LR Accubond, and still mag feed. It did not turn into a single shot like a couple others I have when trying to accurize the load

Got my 3006 professional back from Westwind Rifles, they did re-bed the rifle, still doesn't shoot . Was able to get right at 1" or possibly just under 1" with factory Hornady ELD-X , but overall this is a poor shooting gun , most other groups in the 2-2.5" range . Last thing left is the barrel, so looks like a rebarrel . I am going to give it one more try with a different scope just to eliminate the possibility of a scope issue .

I'm having some issues with my 7 Rem Mag. I started a thread on it called "Horizontal Stringing" I think on here. Timmy is sending me a new sear, and I'm hoping that may be the issue? That or I'll try the brake off as some have said on here. I was hoping to have it assembled and shoot today, but the Timney stuff is still not here, so I won't be able to until next week at the earliest.

As a matter of fact I just went to shoot it again this morning. No luck this time either, this is just a poor performing rifle with most groups shooting in the 2-2.5" range . I stopped at Westwind Rifles on my way back home and dropped it off to Dave Sullivan for an obermeyer rebarrel . It sucks that it needs a new barrel , but once in a while you get a turd .

Timney sent me a new sear, but still have really difficult bolt lift. I'm going to try a Trigger Tech trigger in there and see if that works. LAW mentioned something about needing the Timneys, buy it has a Timney now and it can't get any worse than it is.

Hey guys, I just wanted to bump this thread up and see if anyone had any luck getting these to shoot? I'm looking for something to tinker with and like the feel of the rifle but if they haven't worked out the kinks I'm going with a Cooper.

I have. 6.5 cm with one of the new barrels, which is a #4 contour. The earlier rifles shipped with a #3, which were really thin.

My LAW is averaging 0.52" groups with factory Hornady Precision Hunter ammo. The fit and finish on my rifle are top notch.