Has anyone shot a legendary arms works professional rifle?

There was a 9+ page thread, I started a while back, that disappeared in the last week that talked about these rifles...
Too bad it's gone and begs the question of why? There was one guy who got burned by them and I'm guessing the thread was pulled cuz of the negative publicity or something.
Seems most people have been pleased with these rifles.

Went to the range this weekend testing my LAW 28 Nosler... shot .69 MOA at 200 with 78.5 grains of H1000 behind 180 Berger Hybrid. was using fire formed brass... with the virgin brass 3 of 4 shots measured .444 MOA with one flyer that opened it up to 1.62 MOA. Was really there to find the max pressure though. Put 7 different charge weights ranging from 78.8 grns to 82.3 grains into about 5.5" inches at 300 yards... which impressed me.... I'm thinking 80 grns will be the sweat spot for this rifle but will have to hit the range again to nail it down. But pretty this thing will be a shooter

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 390
Went to the range this weekend testing my LAW 28 Nosler... shot .69 MOA at 200 with 78.5 grains of H1000 behind 180 Berger Hybrid. was using fire formed brass... with the virgin brass 3 of 4 shots measured .444 MOA with one flyer that opened it up to 1.62 MOA. Was really there to find the max pressure though. Put 7 different charge weights ranging from 78.8 grns to 82.3 grains into about 5.5" inches at 300 yards... which impressed me.... I'm thinking 80 grns will be the sweat spot for this rifle but will have to hit the range again to nail it down. But pretty this thing will be a shooter

That is some seriously good shooting!
Which dealer did you get your rifle through? How long did it take to arrive?
I'm just north of you in Georgetown. Still waiting to hear more info on this company after my last thread but really want them to be great so I will feel confident when purchasing one.

On a dif note, where do you shoot at? Best of the West? Red's?

Hal at Gun Guys & Gals in Buda (512) 277-0484 ordered it for me... took about 2 weeks but delivery is dependent on their production schedule. Hal can probably give you a better idea. Pretty sure he's the only guy in the region selling LAW.

I've shot at Best of the West but there not well set up if you want to do targets beyond 100. steels great but not targets... Red's is ok if you want to do a quick session in the rain or after dark... or heavy wind days but it's usually to darn hot to shoot in there... and really hard to get a good rest position and @ $16/hour you're encouraged to keep your sessions short I usually will shoot at eagle peak if I'm testing loads. Range officers are a bit to handle but then they have tons of idiots coming through and will make sure they don't kill you.

That's awesome for production rifle... how does the rifle feed? Do bergers fit in magazine? I shoot 83 of retumbo outta my custom 28 nosler

What kind of speeds you getting with retumbo?

My OAL with the 180 hybrids 20/1000 off is 3.610 and feeds perfect... the action is the best thing about this gun... cycles slicker than... lets just say it is incredibly smooth and fast. I realy wanted to get my hands on an action for a custom build... but understand that the rifles are in such demand that the actions won't be available for awhile... so thought I'd play around with the production gun... that and 28 Nosler was calling my name.

Last edited:
I have had my .300 Win Mag for three months or so...was told I was the first person to get their rifle in CO. Only shot it one session until recently because archery is so important in my life.

In the last week, I've shot it a second and third time. I'm happy with the rifle in all aspects. Shot with some friends this weekend, and one hunting partner pulled back the bolt and then closed it. He said, "No. No. It's way too smooth and nice. Maybe we should drag it behind your truck for a ways, so it feels like my rifle."

I can't imagine ever selling it.

I have two LAW rifles one in 308win and 7mm rem mag got them two weeks ago! It was love at first sight! Great looking gun with a nice feeling stock great finish and a timmey trigger!( In my opinion the best single stage trigger on the market.) I can't figure out which one I like the best! They both are shooters!! After getting them sited in they are both are shooting sub MOA @100yd with Barnes 160GR TSX BT(7mm) & 150GR tipped TSX BT (308) topped with Nicon Monarchs scopes. And let's face it the performance is what it is all about! gun) The 308 has already taken two Mule Deer one at 230yd and the other at 265yd! I can't wait until we start Elk rifle hunting with the 7mag and see one of them big boys drop! I have to say I couldn't be more pleased with the guns!! They seem to be a great Value at $1800 for what you get! I would recommend them to anyone that wants a serious rifle with the serious price!