Has anyone been notified

i hope Vortex is not using the same marketing outfit that Berger did to release their 300 gr bullet. that would mean we will have them for the 2012 season!

I was just told that SWFA was sent one 6-24x50mm PST FFP MIL ( other power scopes may have been sent ) and the next shipment would be in the middle of July. Oh well, I'll have to wait some more.

joseph

I was just told that SWFA was sent one 6-24x50mm PST FFP MIL ( other power scopes may have been sent ) and the next shipment would be in the middle of July. Oh well, I'll have to wait some more.

joseph

I will add to this. A week age I called Vortex and told them I was verrrry low on SWFA's pre-order list and told them what my number was and was told by them that I should not have any trouble getting my order filled from their first shipment. So I confirmed my vacation plans for the first week in July. Then I get told that they only sent SWFA one 6-24x50mm PST FFP mil scope to them.I ordered the MOA. Boy this really screwed up my plans. Vortex hurt their PR big time with me. If I was told the truth I could have lived with it with no hard feelings. I really wanted this scope like all the rest of you. Maybe they can learn from this. All I have ever heard about them was good things that I passed along every chance I got and now I am writing this.

joseph

If I was told the truth

I don't think it's about TRUTH. I don't think they looked at their schedule and new absolutely for sure when they'd get the new product -- and then intentionally told people they would come in earlier than that. I think it's about how hard it must be for a manufacturer to know when a new product is really going to be done and delivered.

I don't think it's about TRUTH. I don't think they looked at their schedule and new absolutely for sure when they'd get the new product -- and then intentionally told people they would come in earlier than that. I think it's about how hard it must be for a manufacturer to know when a new product is really going to be done and delivered.

I really don't think it was intentional. I think that it was unfortunate that it happened.

joseph

There are some guys on the Hide that have got thiers. Some have actually been having some issues with them.

There are some guys on the Hide that have got thiers. Some have actually been having some issues with them.

Two people have received their scopes on the Hide and the problems look pretty minor and nothing that I would fret about personally. Vortex will make the situation right and they hyave already shipped the guy with the blob on his lens a replacement without having him send his defective unit back until after the new one arrives. Now that is a class act on Vortex's part.
The other guy's issue was a minor canted reticle, that I would wager 99.999% of the buying public would have never noticed if they did not have a collimator at their disposal like he did for these tests. He also stated that there was a 3% tracking error that he found, but that this was within industry tolerances. Granted 3% is a lot at long range, but I do think that Vortex will look at all the feedback that they get from these initial units and do their best to address them.
I fully expected a few issues to pop up with the high demand and Vortex trying their best to get these units out there. I will wait for the rush to die down before purchasing one, but I do think that it will be a great scope for the money.
A NF? No, but for less than a grand, I think that it will be sweet and Vortex warranty and CS make me feel even better about my choice.

In case anybody hasn't seen it yet, I'm one of the guys being referred to. You can read it all for yourself here: Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50 FFP Initial Impressions - Sniper's Hide Forums .

FYI, my conversation with Scott from Vortex was very friendly and we are in agreement on all issues. While this is disappointing for the moment, in the end I think it's good I found these issues when I did so they can get things straightened out with the scopes with only a few out there instead of thousands. In the end they'll be better scopes for it.

Quick question. Not to hijack the thread but, why all the hype over this scope but relatively none over the front focal plane Weaver scopes?

Probably the 1/8 MOA clicks they've been available with is the biggest reason. Also the higher powered one only has a bit over 30 MOA total adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.