Harris Bipods

Savage101

I was thinking of mounting a 13"-27" Harris bipod (HB25C-S swivel style) on my Savage Model 10 Pred. Hunter, does anyone know if I need to buy a separate adapter for this bipod or is it all inclusive? I'll be mounting it right to the factory installed sling swivel.

Also, would this setup be my best option, I mostly shoot from a sitting position I was a little concern with added rifle weight (but not overly so), can't see it adding that much, but I've never seen one of these bipods and don't know how much they weigh. Will consider all input.

Thanks

I hunt with that model a little and really like it. I have hunted with a Harris for about 25 years and have grown so accustom to shorting off them that I feel naked without some form of Harris out front. I own three different models and for sitting the one you IDed is the one I use most often for sitting.

No extra adapter needed.

Except for the weight, they are a nice set up. I have a Harris and a SnipePod. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.