Harris Bipods

slim09

I am looking at getting a new bipod for one of my new long range hunting rifles, my question is what Harris bipod is the best one? It looks to me like they have 2-3 pivoting bi pods out now, is one better than another?

It's all just personal opinion but I use the 6-9" swivel model with leg notches and also each one has a PodLoc. I also have the 9-13" model but rarely use it.

I prefer the HB25CS that extends from prone (13 1/2") to sitting (27") sitting position. Where I hunt, sometimes the prone does not work because grasses are taller than the lowest setting.

ULTIMATE WEAPONS SYSTEMS

+1.

I've used one for years, while a little tall for prone I've gotten used to using it. While all true long shots must be shot prone in my book, I've taken a good number of 200-300 yd shots with it from sitting or kneeling that I would have passed had I been stuck with one of the prone-only models.

+1.

I've used one for years, while a little tall for prone I've gotten used to using it. While all true long shots must be shot prone in my book, I've taken a good number of 200-300 yd shots with it from sitting or kneeling that I would have passed had I been stuck with one of the prone-only models.

+2

I like haveing enough bipod to hunt siting or prone. and the swivel helps on un even ground

The cost of the 25 c is about $100.oo but well worth it .

J E CUSTOM

I use th 6-9" Harris bipods on my varmint handguns and rifles.
There are times when I try to save a few dollars and purchase another brand. Every time the cheeper bipod gets tossed or given away in a short time and a Harris installed on the gun.
I do prefer the swivel on the bipods but only buy a bipod with the swivel feature about half of the time

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.