Harris BiPod - any other bipods work?

G

I took stoney pt sticks and a harris bipod on my hunt last year. After giving up hunting for 16 years and getting some long range tac drivers from Kirby - I had amazingly few surprises. One was the stoney sticks were no use where I hunted. The Harris biPod worked great - but I was surprised that I could have used a taller unit. ( I got the swivel 9-13" and 13" was not enough to get over the grass ). I'm going to order the swivel 12" to 25" but I'd also like to get a couple other cheaper units for other guns (if anyone else makes a good biPod).

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
Does the lockable version stop the rifle tilting over when not in use?
I will be equipping my next stick with another Versa-Pod.

Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!

James,

Had one of those "gotta get this it looks just like a Harris but way cheaper" moments awhile back and bought a ock Mount. Even paid more than the price on your link.

I have no complaints. Shot many rounds w/338 Win off of it.

But have reports on another thread here that that come apart.

Turned mine over and looked at its gender. It said China /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I 2nd the Versa Pod but get the lockable ones!

[/ QUOTE ]
The Versa-Pod® Model 50 Bipod Bipod with Pan/Tilt and Cant Friction Lock Model (150-050) only comes in 5-7" , 7-9" &amp; 9-12" inch models. The 9-12" model states: Elevates centerline of bore from <font color="red"> 9 inches fully retracted to 12 inches fully extended</font> . (Must be a mistake)

The (cheaper/non-locking) Versa-Pod® Model 2 Steel/Aluminum Alloy Bipod Model(150-002) adjusts from 9 inches to 12 inches but elevates centerline of bore from <font color="red">15 1/2 inches fully retracted to 23 3/4 inches fully extended.</font>

150-052-short.jpg
150-100-big.jpg

Big Bore, Why didn't your Stoney Point sticks work? I've used them exclusively for 5 years. I walk a lot &amp; need to get my rifle in a horse scabbard, so I don't like bipods. I've never not been able to use them. Be interested in your "circumstances" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.