Hard bolt pull?

OMG, the famous "click" appears on yet another thread.

If a case head swells so much that extraction is hard you have too hot a load or too soft brass.

It has nothing to do with the sizing BEFORE shooting. You can the bejesus out of a case and it still will grow to fit the chamber.

Doubt it ? Get some small base dies and use the same load and brass.
Not entirely, if there is a mis-match between the die and the chamber this is exactly what happen, click, hard to eject.
Primary extraction is to get the case moving back some, if it is still hard to pull the bolt back, brass was too big going in, no springback.
A small base die would cure his problem if one could be found.

If there were a big mismatch twixt die & chamber, the cartridge would not go in.

Small base dies are a fraud unless you have a defective chamber. My 6 ARs, NM M-1 and R-1 all use regular dies just fine.

His brass is too soft or his loads too hot.

Does anyone besides me wonder how this terrible problem (clickers) first appears, after 150 years of reloading for 10s of 1000s of cartridge guns by millions of shooters is first discovered on a forum peopled by .0001% of reloaders ?

Too many, locked down for too long !

If there were a big mismatch twixt die & chamber, the cartridge would not go in.

Small base dies are a fraud unless you have a defective chamber. My 6 ARs, NM M-1 and R-1 all use regular dies just fine.

His brass is too soft or his loads too hot.

Does anyone besides me wonder how this terrible problem (clickers) first appears, after 150 years of reloading for 10s of 1000s of cartridge guns by millions of shooters is first discovered on a forum peopled by .0001% of reloaders ?

Too many, locked down for too long !
Sorry, but you haven't been around the block as many times as you try to make us perceive that you have.

This seems plausible because in order to only get a .002 bump, I'm just at shell holder contact with the bottom of the die with maybe a very minor cam-over. But if I follow the RCBS instructions I get a distinct cam-over and end up bumping the darned things .006 or better. Maybe if I bump .004 or so I can find a happy medium? Kinda bummed out cause it's shooting so well.
Try to find a cheaper small base die, I have no clue what a 6.5 CRDM is, if you can't, buy a cheap fl sizing die and have the shoulder bored off, then take 10 thou off the bottom, we will call this die a base sizer.

Sorry, but you haven't been around the block as many times as you try to make us perceive that you have.

Gee Milo have we met ? You seem to know me well. Perhaps YOU can provide some verifiable evidence of these wild claims rather than urinating on other members' shoes ?

So this is why they sell full length body die. I have seen this happen where the lower part of the case swells enough once fired that it makes hard to extract. Run thru a full length die and problem solved. Might not be the reason and I would exhaust other options before you buy one but I have seen it first hand where this was the issue

Gee Milo have we met ? You seem to know me well. Perhaps YOU can provide some verifiable evidence of these wild claims rather than urinating on other members' shoes ?
I didn't actually pee on your shoes, I said you do not what you are talking about, right there for all to view.

I agree it will Band-Aid the issue if the load is not so hot OR the brass so soft that the case expands to fully fit the chamber. Working the brass that much will lead to case head separation.

Another cause of difficult primary extraction is a rough or out of round chamber.

Before blaming the dies, I would do a borescope look and a cerrosafe cast to eliminate those.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.