Happy thanksgiving!!

elkaholic

I hope that all of you are as blessed as I am with all that we have to be thankful for! MAY YOUR GIBLETS BE TENDER:).......Rich

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!
It's a good time to remember that life's frustrations are transient, and all will be well in the end.
I've got a good job, a great wife, two smart kids, a new Camaro SS in the driveway, and most (never, ever say all) of the toys I'll ever need for shooting, hunting, and fishing. I'm 38 and if plans go well I'll be semi-retired at 47 years old. I have a good amount to be thankful for today... And it wasn't many years ago I thought I'd still be working when I'm dead to pay debts down.

May you all have a great Christmas season!!:D:D

Today I went to my daughter's house for a beautiful meal. I took a six pack of coke and stuck it in the frig. After awhile I got one out to have with my mincemeat pie and hot buttered rum sauce. Yum yum. A nine year old boy wanted one but thought I hid them. They weren't hidden they were stuck where they would fit. I got one for him.

I thought what a wonderful problem to have. We here in this country can't find the coke while some in third world countries can't even get fresh water and bread. How I thank the Lord for this little reminder.

I thought what a wonderful problem to have. We here in this country can't find the coke while some in third world countries can't even get fresh water and bread. How I thank the Lord for this little reminder.

I 100% agree, Cat.

We all live so well, with a comfortable home, plenty of food, and even an occasional indulgence yet we all too often take what we have for granted.

This is the perfect time of year to look back and realize just how lucky we are, give thanks for the many blessings in this life, and try to come up with a way to pay it back by helping the less fortunate.

Whether it's putting a little extra in the offering plate, volunteering at the homeless shelter, or donating a few toys to the Toys for Tots drive, we can all help the less fortunate this Christmas Season.

I love to post something of this nature occasionally because it does bring us back to reality and also is a blessing to see how many good guys are on this forum.
I really enjoy my rifles and all the hunting stories, etc. on this forum, but in the eternal scheme of things, it really is rather insignificant!
My wife and I had thanksgiving at our house this year and it was a true blessing to have 16 people from my elderly father in law (83) down to my 1 year old grandson.
It is REALLY a blessing to be a GRANDPA! Those little ones Love us faults and all just like our Lord and savior!:)........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.