Hammer Trail 💨 Arizona Bull

Arizona Elk Guide sent me this epic Hammer Trail video of an incredible Bull being shot at 477 Yards with a 6.5 PRC and the 124 Hammer Hunter.

It's a hammer thing. Shot a mule deer and an elk this year in Colorado and the trail was visible in both. Temps were under 10 degrees on both and the impact on both of them were impressive and would have loved to have had video on them. That's a beautiful bull and a huge congratulations!

Attachments

• 9EFA549A-0BFC-47DD-B701-EF2D9A72E7A1.png
    9EFA549A-0BFC-47DD-B701-EF2D9A72E7A1.png
    537.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
It was just brought to my attention. This bull was taken with a 6.5 Wby RPM. The hunter is an employee at Weatherby, and the ammo used was put together by John the head ballistician at Weatherby for his hunt. The rifle used was a MkV.
Right on, thanks for the clarification! Any idea on MV?

Right on, thanks for the clarification! Any idea on MV?
I contacted John at Wby to see if he knew the MV. Here is what he sent me back. LOL! This is old school. Makes me think we spend way too much time and money figuring out how our guns are going to shoot, when we should just shoot them and see.

Funny story, He didn't have a chronograph so we don't know the MV out of his rifle. I gave him a starting load amount and figured he would work up load from there.
1st starting load shot so well he just stayed there. He shot it out to 500 or 600 yards so he knew his drops and just dialed his scope on the shot on the elk.
From my data that load should be running around 3250 fps.