Hammer Bullets update

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Hello all,

I want to get out a message to everyone about where we are as to the launch of our web site and being able to supply bullets to those who want them. After some hurdles for our on line store we are ready to go with the web site. Just as our web site is complete and ready to take orders, we figure out that our low velocity impacts are not working as we expected them to. We have been madly testing different alloys of copper and we are 99% sure that we have found the right one now. Waiting for ups to bring us another sample of the one that seems to work well but just a little softer. The smaller calibers that don't have as much mass have a harder time opening up at low vel. The 7mm and larger are working well down to 1800fps with the last sample. That may get better with the next sample and get the .243 and up working good down to low velocities. We simply can not afford to launch our product if it is not working up to the standards of the great people that are on this site.

So thank you for baring with us as we make sure that our bullets are the best possible. We are so close I can taste it. I anticipate that we will be able to take orders next week on at least our .284 thru .338 offerings.

Steve

Is there a possibility of 8mm (.323") bullets in the near future ?

Would be nice to see more long range 8mm bullets in .700 - .800 bc ,
somewhere around 240 gr -280 gr would be super nice

Is there a possibility of 8mm (.323") bullets in the near future ?

Would be nice to see more long range 8mm bullets in .700 - .800 bc ,
somewhere around 240 gr -280 gr would be super nice

Yes, that would be one of those "gap" bullets. We can make pretty much anything. Problem comes in testing them. I don't have a fast twist 8mm sitting around. It will more than likely be one of those bullets that follow our design and get estimate bc values. Then we will see if anyone buys it.

Do you have a fast 8mm barrel? What is it? We can use that to design to.

Steve

I have a 30" PacNor barrel in 9 tw for my wildcat the 8mm Vampyre that will properly stabilize the 256 gr Cutting Edge MTH bullet with an estimated g1 bc at .750 , PacNor offers the 9 twist in 8mm as a standad non custom twist and I got the barrel in less than 2 months even with a custom contour of a Bartlein mix of #5 and Light Palma and the addition of a 6" straight 1.25" shank to house the big 500 Jeffery based cartridge, rifle build is nearly complete and should be up and shooting in a few months, just in time for nice shooting weather and opened road to the mountains here in Alaska......

Attachments

• PacNor 30 inch 9tw 8mm barrel.jpg
    PacNor 30 inch 9tw 8mm barrel.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 49570d1436046617-new-8mm-323-cutting-edge-mth-bullets-image.jpg
    49570d1436046617-new-8mm-323-cutting-edge-mth-bullets-image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 193
I have a 30" PacNor barrel in 9 tw for my wildcat the 8mm Vampyre that will properly stabilize the 256 gr Cutting Edge MTH bullet with an estimated g1 bc at .750 , PacNor offers the 9 twist in 8mm as a standad non custom twist and I got the barrel in less than 2 months even with a custom contour of a Bartlein mix of #5 and Light Palma and the addition of a 6" straight 1.25" shank to house the big 500 Jeffery based cartridge, rifle build is nearly complete and should be up and shooting in a few months, just in time for nice shooting weather and opened road to the mountains here in Alaska......

That's cool, we'll get on it. I will let you know when we have something.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.