Hammer bullets picked up by Weatherby !!!

Awesome news for the guys at Hammer Bullets. I wish my .270 wby came with a faster twist from the factory... Like an 8tw.

Congrats, Hammer! Well deserved.

Question though: I thought Hammers needed a faster twist. Will they work ok out of a standard Weatherby?
[/QUOTE Too answer your question , they make bullets that will stabilize in conventional twist barrels , as long as you know your twist rate , there's something their for you. Hammer has more choices for different twist rates than any bullet mfg I know of.

So, are Hammer hunters a medium range projectile in the 170-180 range?
with what muzzle velocity?

With a 3100 start speed they're good to about 600 and still have the 1800 fps they want for them to reliably open (or so I've been told)

back to the beginning speed question, it all depends on what speed you start them out at

Thanks. I have been loading my own since 1986! I probably have over 300 rounds loaded In 300WBY for Various rifles. Bonded. Monos, partitions and Bt
K
Now I'm wanting to build a 30-338 lapua improved with a 12 twist 30" lilja with 3 inches of free bore. Stuff it with a 110-115 grains of 4350 under a 124 HH and blister something. Or is it the whiskey talkin.
What's wrong with whiskey?

Yeah, I had the email from the Weatherby Team. ONLY $180/box $9/round.

Yeah. It's why the MkV's I've kept are in non Weatherby cartridges. Not that I have anything against Weatherby cartridges, but I didn't think they were anything special, either. And I like to pull the trigger a lot, so paying more for double radius brass just didn't make sense.

Yeah. It's why the MkV's I've kept are in non Weatherby cartridges. Not that I have anything against Weatherby cartridges, but I didn't think they were anything special, either. And I like to pull the trigger a lot, so paying more for double radius brass just didn't make sense.
I load my own. Costs me The same to load 300WM or 300WBY

A question if I may . I am shooting test loads for the Hammer Hunter 30 Caliber 124 grain out of my 30-06. I am only shooting test loads now at 100 yards . I have shot 50 + or- rounds so far and have never seen the vapor trail some people are talking about. Is that due to the short distance I am shooting test loads ? Will the vapor trail magically appear when I get my hunting load worked up and start shooting 200, 300 , 400, 500 ETC. yards to proof and confirm drop data??

A question if I may . I am shooting test loads for the Hammer Hunter 30 Caliber 124 grain out of my 30-06. I am only shooting test loads now at 100 yards . I have shot 50 + or- rounds so far and have never seen the vapor trail some people are talking about. Is that due to the short distance I am shooting test loads ? Will the vapor trail magically appear when I get my hunting load worked up and start shooting 200, 300 , 400, 500 ETC. yards to proof and confirm drop data??
I notice it some times and sometimes not, my daughter was zeroing her new NF the other day shooting 124s from her creedmore and it looked like tracer rounds, crazy trails!!