Hammer bullets picked up by Weatherby !!!

Seems like they were exclusive but they all seem to shoot one ragged hole pretty easy. I threw 6 196's together and blasted one hole with my buddies 30-378 just out of curiosity and then he shot a 12" gong at 545 with no data. Trying to convince him to use it this elk season but he's going to use his 7mm with hammers I loaded and he had a turret built

So now people like Weatherby huh? I thought they were all junk since they don't use Lapua or ADG brass..................

What a huge accomplishment for Steve and Brian, when the the legendary company who always pushed the "Speed Kills" band wagon starts loading your bullets you are most defiantly rising to the top, congrats to the both of you as all your hard work ( and I ain't BS'ing as I know first hand ;) ) has paid off

View attachment 366706
Speed kills but so do bullets, I hope Weatherby adds a choke proof coating to the bullets so birds of prey are safe!🙈

Resurrecting this because I can. Played with the Hammer 195 grain 300's this afternoon and was very impressed. One ragged hole at 100 yards and ringing steel out to 800.

One note of interest, a friend Garmin was reading the velocity with an average of only 3035 but this barrel was brand new, so that could be why it was slow. Regardless, excellent product from Hammer and Weatherby. Will buy two more boxes for practice and hunting.

Does anybody know if Hammer will sell these 195's for reloaders or are they Weatherby exclusive?
That bullet is exclusive to Wby. Most of the Hammers they load are. We have the 196gr Hammer Hunter that would be similar. It is a bit longer nosed though.

I really would like to see how the 195-196's around the 3000/3400 perform on elk or similar. My buddies son over in eastern Washington took a bad shot on a huge mule deer and shot almost full length from the rear quartering uphill with 116 gr out of a 270wsm. He shares the same rifle with his youngest son and oldest boys grandson and they've killed 3 mules each every year since I did load workup and made some bullets for him. They have other rifles but say this one kills them quicker than anything they've ever used before

Thanks Steve, the 196 HH looks to be a lot lower in BC compared to the Weatherby (WBY 195 G1 = .550 per their website)? I have another .25 of magazine room to play with in this Mark V, so the added length should be tolerable I think. Tempted to try the 203 HHT and see if they will stabilize in the factory 1-10 twist barrel. They look excellent.
That bullet is exclusive to Wby. Most of the Hammers they load are. We have the 196gr Hammer Hunter that would be similar. It is a bit longer nosed though.

Thanks Steve, the 196 HH looks to be a lot lower in BC compared to the Weatherby (WBY 195 G1 = .550 per their website)? I have another .25 of magazine room to play with in this Mark V, so the added length should be tolerable I think. Tempted to try the 203 HHT and see if they will stabilize in the factory 1-10 twist barrel. They look excellent.
The 203gr HHT will not stabilize in the 10" twist. The 182gr HHT will out run the 196gr or 195gr all day long. That's what I would run.

Ya, I think everyone should at least try once just to see what a bullet hole looks like when it's going through paper sideways. Same goes for finding the right combination of fps/twist to make target bullets come apart in mid flight. Weatherbees are a good platform for this