Hammer ballistic coefficient tests...

When considering the 300 RUM, integrating the differential of the function's parabolic natural log means that exponential growth in the ballistic coefficient still amounts to less change in the Coriolis factor impacting wind shift than imparted y the longitudinal tidal force on the perfect sphere on a frictionless plane before imparting the subdural hematoma via hydrostatic shock on the unsuspecting doe under the feeder at 37 yards.

View attachment 393096

Interesting - I was just thinking the same thing. LMAO

My use of BC is fairly simple, I basically ignore it. I shoot at every distance that I may hunt at and mark my turret accordingly. I've done this with shooting groundhogs out to 1,000yds.

Yeah - temperature, air density and such may change depending on location, but it hasn't seemed to degrade my ability to get game animals on the ground. This is a great hobby (LRH) but it sure can get complicated.

When considering the 300 RUM, integrating the differential of the function's parabolic natural log means that exponential growth in the ballistic coefficient still amounts to less change in the Coriolis factor impacting wind shift than imparted y the longitudinal tidal force on the perfect sphere on a frictionless plane before imparting the subdural hematoma via hydrostatic shock on the unsuspecting doe under the feeder at 37 yards.

View attachment 393096

This made me laugh!

There was a day several years ago that we were shooting two 300 rums, basically twins, with the same load. We were shooting at 1000y on the same shooting session. One rifle needed 4 more moa correction than the other one did. My comment at the time was, What the $%^& do we do with this data? I wish it was easy to come up with accurate numbers. The fact is, it is not. We did purchase an Oehler 89 to do bc calculations. It has been difficult to find time to use it since our business has increased. We will be MAKING time, somehow in the near future. The problem is, it will accurately measure the bc of a bullet from that particular weapon on that particular day. Still making it clear as mud.

An accurate bc for a particular rifle and bullet combo on a particular day, will accurately predict how fast a bullet will slow down. I do not believe that bc value will accurately predict wind drift. Right now bc is the only value that we have to try and predict drift, because there is nothing else. bc is the drag that predicts linear trajectory, it does not predict forces other than that. It is an aid at best. We will go out on range sessions with several diff rifles and bullets and wind up holding nearly the same wind for all of them. This does not line up with the accurate bc that is calculated from the drops. I am pretty firm in the camp that a heavier bullet with the same bc as a lighter bullet will have less wind drift.

I'll conclude with this. If this stuff was easy, then this discussion would not even take place.

Recent Posts