Ha any body thought of this yet?

My experience with "bad" ammo is cheap stuff with an unknown bullet and who knows how good the powder metering is or a bullet known for poor transonic flight.

The solution is to make sure your barrel twist is correct, your crown is in good shape, your barrel free floats in the stock and you have put some effort in to barrel break in and proper cleaning that doesn't damage the barrel. Then buy known good ammo with a bullet that will work with your twist.

FGMM has been pretty good for me, all the Hornady Amax and ELD-M I have tried has been great, Berger brand is great.

Buying the cheapest I could find has led to a few disappointments but it is fine for break in and barrel fouling.

I think it is better to use the internet to see what has worked well for others in similar guns, then think about hand loading if you want the best.

Fiocchi is making some pretty consistent, well-made rifle ammo. I've had good results with a couple of their 6.5 Creedmoor (SST and Interlock)
0EwtPpvl.jpg

and also their 165 Sierra Gameking HPBT in 30-06.

I also use their Subsonic 22 LR HP for small game/critter hunting for a few years with great success but it looks like they no longer make it. I guess I'll have to make do with the 15,000 rounds of it that I have left.

I have a collection of different ammo at my buddy's reloading shop. Someone buys a new rifle and contributes 1-2 boxes to add from the "sample collection". It has worked quite well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.