H1000 Alternative

Mr. JTAUSTIN , where are you located ? I have at least one new pound of H1000 and 1 pound of 4831 I can part with . I would like to trade it if you are close to the Alabama coast area . The powders I am most interested in are 8208XBR and BLC2 for loads using 308 Absolute Hammers .

I don't know the source of this burn rate chart, but it sure doesn't correspond to my experience with Power Pro 4000-MR in .270 Win. I believe it is closer to Ramshot Hunter than Win 760.
I went directly to the source a few months ago ...

Alliant 4000MR burn rate.jpg

What he said!

If you can't find that, MagPro, Ramdhot Magnum, Vihtavuori N170 and Norma 217 are good candidates. Forget Reloader 26; you'll find H1000 before you find that.
OP,
I feel blessed. I saw how popular (thus hard to find) RL-26 was getting before the shortage and stocked up. I was just using it for my 6.5 PRCs, but I tried with it in my 300 WM, 2 - 6.5 PRCs, & just recently my .243. I haven't used any of my H1000 in 300 WM since trying RL-26. If more shooting confirms 1st attempt with my .243 it will become my go to powder with it.

when it comes available I highly recommend trying it & if you get the results I think you will stock up on it. It has the ability to be your go to powder for several cartridges. For 300 WM I've mentioned earlier about getting 3200 fps + with 200 gr MKs shooting bugholes at 300 yds. Hard to do better. 26" Bartlein 10 twist with brake.

RL-26 = Magic Dust

I know that there are many options. I have used 7977 with great success.
But my go-to powder in the 300 Win Mag is Norma MRP. Easy 3050 and
quite temp stable. I also use similar loads in my 2 - 308 Norma Mags for
very similar results. Start at 73.0 and work up carefully. Usually top out
around 75/76 grains. Dave.

Austin Tx. Thank you anyway. Got nothing to trade. I failed to stock up when the stores were full. I hope it gets better this summer. Many good options in this discussion.
I think I am in it for around $ 50.00 , I will be going to Fort Smith , Montana in September on a Prairie Dog and Pronghorn hunt . Only place I could maybe meet you is around Selena but it's about 200 miles out of my way. If I can pick up a couple more pounds or trade for it , I will try and get it to you . Do you ever go to Houston ? My brother in law is coming to Alabama in June and I could send it back with him if you could go to Houston. That's the best thing I can think of. I will see if anyone at our shooting club has H-1000 that I can trade for . If you come across any 8208 XBR we can just swap or I will sell it to you for what I have in the H-1000 . Thank you Sir , Floyd