Alternative Primers

While I have primers, I'm always on the lookout. Most pistol and small rifle primers are easy enough to find, but Large Rifle and Large rifle magnum primers are still relatively rare.

I have been seeing Cheddite brand show up as well as Fiocchi. Any experience with these or others. If I were in need, I'd probably opt for the Fiocchi, but just wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing or has tried them?
Ginex! Not sure what happened to Bowhunter but they have worked very well in my .270 WSM, 6.5 crd. 300 bee.

Here's the lot number from the small rifle primers that gave me the problem. The large rifle primers, which I bought at the same time in Willis TX this past May, all shot great. Maybe a bad batch, just can't trust them, they will get used , eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_5048.jpeg
    IMG_5048.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 39
The one thing here is: The AFT maybe watching! You can go over limit of primers in your reloading area. Only 10,000 primers can be stored at home. Not to :rolleyes:😁worry, your are safe if you store them in your car. You can store 25,000 in a private vehicle. This is from NFPA CODE. Figure that one.
By the time you get a brick from each manufacture. Plus match and Mag primers you are over your limit just in L.R.Primers. Gee if load for pistol, and shotguns, I don't know how you stay below that limit. Plus I hardly is primers in lots of 100 anymore.

grafs sells all kinds of alternate pimers. i hate to mention diamond k brass. i buy my stuff from them. they sell Ginex. they work fine.

Cheddite and Fiochii are relatively common shotgun/209 primers. No idea on rifle primer quality. For what its worth ...
Saee attached info on shotgun primers

Attachments

• Shotgun Primers Comparison impact on PSI Rating.pdf
    198.7 KB · Views: 68