H-S Precision Rifles

Rubber Ducky

Gentlemen;

Does anyone have an opinion on H-S Precision rifles?

I would like to get the Varmint Rifle in 7 mm Remington Magnum. They're nice rifles but a bit on the pricey side.

The people I've talked to love them, but I was wondering if anybody else had an opinion.

Cheers,
RD

I use an H-S PHR in .300 Win for just about everything except the likes of buffalo and it is superb. It lives up to its .5moa guarantee with Federal's 180gr Triple Shocks as well as their 180gr Trophy Bonded Bearclaws. Can't ask for more than that from factory loads.

Yes, they're 'expensive' but you get what you pay for.

I had one in 338 Lapua...best darn bolt rifle I've owned. When I have time again, due to school, I plan on buying another.

Just my opinion but when you order it make sure Don Leland builds it. He built one (Stiller action in 338 Slowpoke a 338 Lapua variant) for me the week before he left Trinidad to go work there. One of Speedys best students and it shoots .5 with almost no load work yet. Sure I will get it to .3 before it is over and that is on a sporter with a Krieger tube with no brake.

I do not own an HS Precision but I plan to some day. I will say however that I am very impressed with their expertise, precision and quality control on their rifles. I toured the HS Precision factory in Rapid City, SD last year while heading west for a deer hunt. For those who are near that area or are heading through, I would definitely recommend checking into a tour. They take you through a complete rifle build. Scrap metal to an action, barrel blank to a barrel, aluminum to their bedding block to a stock, stock painting and the final custom fit and testing.

Very interesting and like I said, I will own an HS Precision someday... 270 WSM, Sporter Lightweight in grassland camo.

I just recieved mine a week ago its a Pro 2000 Varmint in .338 Rum, 28" Barrel plus brake.
Threw a hunting load together using 250 gr Accubonds, 101 grs of Retumbo, CCI mag primers, Unfired Rem brass, Oal 3.645 to fit the Magazine Clip. avg 3100 fps, 23 fps spread. It put 5 rounds into 3/4" at 100 yds shooting off my tailgate while standing. I think if i were to work on the load and skim bed the action and shoot from a bench this gun will shoot much better. I had a choice of waiting 1-2 yrs for a custom build here in Canada or 7 months for the H-S through my local gun dealer. Fit and finish is very good, trigger is set at 2lbs and breaks like glass. It is a bit pricey but cost me a little less than a custom build, so far i am happy with this rifle and will purchase another one if i get the itch again.

Well im not sure how much of common knowledge this is. But look into the Remington 700 Sendaro they go for around 12-1500 they are a heavy fluted steel barrel and a synthetic stock. Now the only thing Remington besides the name on the rifle is the action the Barrel and stock are both made by H-S Precision for Remington Sendaro's

Well hope this helps you a little

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.