H-1000 & Retumbo -REPLACEMENTS

Since H-1000 and Retumbo are almost unobtainable and we are hoping that they will come back into the market soon. These two poders are prefered and used in Shooting 338 LMAI with good results. Our 338LMAI was scheduled for 2023, but we may build earlier. With all that has happened in the past year (s) going back several administrators and the shortage of powder, we are just trying to get powder for future builds. We are optimistic that things will get better as time goes on, but if it stays the same or start going south, what ARE the MOST COMPAIRABLE POWDERS to H-1000 & RETUMBRO? I have all the burn rate charts for comparison, but we wanted first hand knowledge of other named/numbered powders that resembles H-1000 & Retumbo as close as possible. That way we can purchase other powders when available.
Thanks much for all input from everyone, but we really need reloaders/shooters that have the first hand knowledge with comparisons. This will help Jill and I out as well as the members on LRH.
Len & Jill
I have had very good luck using IMR 7828 in my .338 Lapua Mag . I don't load it to the max it was just for trial to start with . Wanted a load that was pain free to shoot and could place bullets in a respectable group . Now admittedly i do not shoot long range distances as i do not have the places available . With the limited distance and time i have had to use this powder , so far , i like it .
Len & Jill

I've shot a number of 6" groups at 1000 yd with both standard Lapua and 338-378 @ 2880 - 2900 with RL33 - those are 11 lb rifles ready to hunt. With a Lapua AI it should be even better. I do think H1000 is slightly more consistent altho 100 fps slower.

Since H-1000 and Retumbo are almost unobtainable and we are hoping that they will come back into the market soon. These two poders are prefered and used in Shooting 338 LMAI with good results. Our 338LMAI was scheduled for 2023, but we may build earlier. With all that has happened in the past year (s) going back several administrators and the shortage of powder, we are just trying to get powder for future builds. We are optimistic that things will get better as time goes on, but if it stays the same or start going south, what ARE the MOST COMPAIRABLE POWDERS to H-1000 & RETUMBRO? I have all the burn rate charts for comparison, but we wanted first hand knowledge of other named/numbered powders that resembles H-1000 & Retumbo as close as possible. That way we can purchase other powders when available.
Thanks much for all input from everyone, but we really need reloaders/shooters that have the first hand knowledge with comparisons. This will help Jill and I out as well as the members on LRH.
Len & Jill
I have been using IMR-7828 300wm and VV-N570 in 338 Lapua and 300 PRC

Len & Jill
I know it is all getting hard to get

I am just getting into loading for the 6.5prc and noted that Accurate 4350 is not far off the velocities of H1000 and Retumbo for 120-140gn bullets. While it is not as optimized as the new guys is anybody getting decent results with 4350?

I'm out of H1000 and RL 26 for my 338LM. Midway had 8# of 24N41. So I got the 8# jug to try. My question is. What would be a good starting load with it using Hornady 285gr ELD Match, Lapua brass, and CCI 250 primers. The rifle is a Ruger PR 338, 26" barrel, 1 in 9.375 twist.

I'm out of H1000 and RL 26 for my 338LM. Midway had 8# of 24N41. So I got the 8# jug to try. My question is. What would be a good starting load with it using Hornady 285gr ELD Match, Lapua brass, and CCI 250 primers. The rifle is a Ruger PR 338, 26" barrel, 1 in 9.375 twist.
Here is the only load data for that powder/cartridge combo from their website

Attachments

• 3CD0DCCB-785D-4D38-B442-B5D7D77F36AD.png
    3CD0DCCB-785D-4D38-B442-B5D7D77F36AD.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 75
Len & Jill
Years ago in both of my Weatherby MK5's in
30-378 and in 338-378; I loaded both cartridges with RETUMBO and RL25
Powder charges and speed in both rifles were pretty much the same.
I tried H-1000 but have achieved better velocities with RETUMBO in my custom built 300 RUM and 338-378 Wby and in my Sauer 300 Win Mag

I have their manual. All it shows is for 300gr bullets. Thinking of starting out at 90gr and work my way up.
Another thing you could try is the Gordon's Reloading Tool. I've played around with it a bit recently modeling for 6.5 SAUM, and was also able to verify two of my current loads for 309 WSM and 358 Win. 358 Win load was within 10fps (their model vs my actual).