Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review

The perfect product would be to have a Terrapin with the G7's calculator. IMO.

Right on!!!:cool: I agree... I think that when you have to start switching modes back and forth to get an accurate reading, or maybe I should say to disclose inaccurate readings, some of the time saved by the internal ballistic calculator is lost. This is why I am still using a very precise range finder I can trust and the Applied Ballistic app on my phone. Once I reach a hunting location the field conditions are put in. At the time of a shot only distance and wind need to be entered and I am set.

Jeff

Awesome shot on that 1000 yd gopher!
Great discussion of these rangefinders and their limitations.
Skip

I reviewed more info and talked to a few more folks that have or have used Terrapins or other Vectronics units, all were very pleased and impressed with them compared to others for actual tough ranging, I purchased one today and look forward to running it through the paces soon. Its gonna be some fun!

I reviewed more info and talked to a few more folks that have or have used Terrapins or other Vectronics units, all were very pleased and impressed with them compared to others for actual tough ranging, I purchased one today and look forward to running it through the paces soon. Its gonna be some fun!

Weldone Sir, A great choice too I might add, Oh and dont forget to tell us how you get on with it, Thanks

John

What's happened to this thread? I've got a question: Does either the Leica 1600B or the terrapin support a tripod mount?

I will get the Terrapin in soon and let you know about tripod mounts or not.
Thanks. I think I read in a thread somewhere of someone using the Terrapin on a tripod for some really distant ranging. I'm having doubts about the Leica though. I may have to simply call or go by a dealer to see if it has threads. I want to mount a RF on a pan gimble head with my Meopta spotter.
Skip

Thanks. I think I read in a thread somewhere of someone using the Terrapin on a tripod for some really distant ranging. I'm having doubts about the Leica though. I may have to simply call or go by a dealer to see if it has threads. I want to mount a RF on a pan gimble head with my Meopta spotter.
Skip

There are holders made to mount the Leica's in so you can use a tripod.

Jeff

Thanks guys. B&H wants $100 for a Leica RF holder/tripod adaptor. As the effective price of the 1600B rises, the Terrapin is looking more attractive.
Skip

I would really like one of these RFs but over here the terrapin is $3200 and the Victronix PLRF 10 costs $5250, And from my way of thinking I could fly to the US and Buy TWO G7s and still have change,

And Because of the greed over here of these dealers they just change the dollar sign to a £ pound sign add 20% vat/sales tax plus import duty of a Box full of these things PER UNIT NOT DEVIDE the duty buy the number they import, so then that Doubles the price and then Some,

Heres a simple example I have been chasing a Mil Got Master, from the dealers it costs £45.99 Times that by the exchange rate of $1.50 = 68.985 Dollars,,

I could retire if I had the G7 dealership over here,lol

sorry about my Rant guys, blessin's John

The Terrapin has arrived, Ive used it out to 2200 yards here in NE MT with great results so far, fast acquisition of range and a real nice unit. I had great advice from a real pro group folks. Id love to have a G7 also, but for what I need the Terrapin is far away better. Im very pleased I made this choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.