G7 BR2 (Ballistic Rangefinder 2000) rangefinder video intro

Well it seem they are willing to take my money, so if i order one when do i get it? I have to much crud on back order right now, i dont know if i could wait for this mother.

When they called me last week they had 13 in stock, and were expecting "about 50 per week". But after looking at the published specs, 2X4 Milrad Beam Divergence, I think I will wait for others to do some T&A before I put out $1,599.00 + shipping.
Have had a Swaro for a while now and recently bought a Leica 1600, so we will see how they compare this year in Wyoming.

Dave

Has anyone purchased one yet and had a chance to try it.I was also notified .Love my swarovski but i like the design of this new unit and the incline feature.

I talked to aaron today and he told me point blank if you do not intend to use the ballistic part of the range finder ,,,dont waste your money.
He also told me to stick with my swarovski.

This product has real potential. IMO the only thing missing is to make it into a quality rangefinding binocular. Im hanging on to my money until i can replace my rangefinder, binos, kestrel, and ballistic calculator! They're getting closer....

I wanted to confirm the unit will output in MOA or BDC mode (Shoot To Range).

Unit measures and corrects for Air Pressure, Air Temperature, Angle of Fire, and Ballistics.

Variables to Program into the device:

BC
MV
Drag Model (G1, G7)
Output (BDC, MOA, Inches)
Zero Range
Sight Height
Altitude (from BDC or reticle)
Temp (from BDC or reticle)

Reticle is selectable, and intensity has 4 brightness settings.

I wanted to confirm the unit will output in MOA or BDC mode (Shoot To Range).

Unit measures and corrects for Air Pressure, Air Temperature, Angle of Fire, and Ballistics.

Variables to Program into the device:

BC
MV
Drag Model (G1, G7)
Output (BDC, MOA, Inches)
Zero Range
Sight Height
Altitude (from BDC or reticle)
Temp (from BDC or reticle)

Reticle is selectable, and intensity has 4 brightness settings.

Next, how about a MIL version, or ability to view info in either MOA or MILs?

I believe it will output to MOA now but not MIL. I would buy one if it had MIL, very disappointed in this.

I guess there will be some available in MIL for LE so the code has already been integrated. I just really wish they were selling them to the LRH scene!

Got my G7 rangefinder 2 days ago. I put 2 different ballistic curves in. They correspond almost exactly with my validated drop charts. I ranged trees in a fairly hard rain at up to 800 yds. The only black cows I could find were ranged at947 yds on the first attempt. My 29 yr. old son was in the front seat on the passenger side closer to the cows and he ranged them on the first attempt at 946 yds.Later that day I acheived the longest range so far of a tree at 2355 yds. on the 1st try and 2356 yds. on the 2nd try.Those successes were extreme but I could reach out to 1940 on trees in bright sunlight. Overall I am more than well pleased with this product. Deer season opens here day after tomorrow and I will be using it daily for the next two months. Gary Campbell

Got my G7 rangefinder 2 days ago. I put 2 different ballistic curves in. They correspond almost exactly with my validated drop charts. I ranged trees in a fairly hard rain at up to 800 yds. The only black cows I could find were ranged at947 yds on the first attempt. My 29 yr. old son was in the front seat on the passenger side closer to the cows and he ranged them on the first attempt at 946 yds.Later that day I acheived the longest range so far of a tree at 2355 yds. on the 1st try and 2356 yds. on the 2nd try.Those successes were extreme but I could reach out to 1940 on trees in bright sunlight. Overall I am more than well pleased with this product. Deer season opens here day after tomorrow and I will be using it daily for the next two months. Gary Campbell
Ok so it's a good range finder. How about the ballistic functions? Do you use a BDC turret or MOA?

Thanks

I don't understand the turret or reticle concerns. It seems to me it just outputs your data and you dial it in however you need to. If I had the cash I'd certainly try the rangefinder!

Not sure who you are referring to. For me, part of the benefit of this rangefinder is that it allows you to store your ballistic profiles in the rangefinder. So it will quickly obtains atmospheric conditions and yardage then applies it to the selected ballistic profile for a very quick and complete output. The problem for me is that the unit won't output to MIL, which is what I use, so in some ways the ballistic profile part of the unit is a waste for me.

Part of the concept of this unit, for me at least, is the time and weight savings you get by not having to range with one unit, gather atmospheric conditions with another, then input all of that info into the third unit you have to carry, a pda to get a proper dial up or hold over, etc.

It will still output angle compensated distance so I would just have to use it as a standard rangefinder.

Scot E.

I don't post a lot, but I received my BR2 last Friday. I was able to read the manual and get it all set up for my ballistic profile in less than an hour. Took it out to shoot on Saturday late morning. I could easily range anything I wanted including antelope in the prarie grass at 1000 to 1800 yards (perhaps 20% cloud cover). I also ranged trees and hillsides beyond 2000 yards. There are 4 different target acquisition options for various senario's. Standard, Continious, Nearest, and Furthest. These allow the user to ignor non-target objects in the foreground or background etc. I set up to shoot my 300 RUM and ranged the target with both the BR2 and Leica 1200 at 889 and 890 yards respectively. The BR2 also gave a compensated range of 880 yards. There was a slight right to left wind value which I chose to ignor. I dialed my turrets to 875 and three bullets later I had a 4 inch group that was near perfect height and about five to six inches left of center. I know that 9 yards isn't a lot of compensation for incline and pressure but that's all I had to work with at the time. I am heading to NM to hunt coues deer later in the week and will hopefully have some more feedback after I return. So far the BR2 has met my expectations and is everything and more than I hoped it would be!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.