Gunsmith to chamber and rebarrel a .375 Ruger

Patton63

i have a Ruger Alaska Guide Gun in .375 Ruger that I am looking to rebarrel. I've found it somewhat difficult to find a smith that works in this caliber. Any recommendations for a ship that can do a timely chamber and rebarrel on a .375 Ruger would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

i have a Ruger Alaska Guide Gun in .375 Ruger that I am looking to rebarrel. I've found it somewhat difficult to find a smith that works in this caliber.

The .375 Ruger is a cartridge name.

I see this more and more, a potential client asking for a gunsmith who specializes in a particular cartridge. If the gunsmith is trained at all in the processes of creating a barreled action, it's a simple matter of them having the reamer and headspace gauge.

Not all gunsmiths buy all the reamers available especially if the call for that reamer is rare. This is more likely the case. The .375 Ruger possibly falls near to this category. But, if you ask him about this then the gunsmith might offer to split the cost 1/2 and 1/2 or just plain have you buy the reamer you want and send it to him with your rifle. Be sure to discuss the reamer specs with him before making the purchase. Then be prepared to wait a few weeks to a few months for the reamer maker to finish your reamer and ship it.

Or he can rent the reamer from Reamer Rentals, use it and return it under their guidelines.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.