Gun safe sagging shelf fix help???

djtjr

Guys the long shelves at the top of my gun safe are sagging. I need something that is 7-8 and another about 12 inches long and expands a bit (sort of like the old door jam chin up bars) to wedge between the horizontal divider that goes to the floor in the rifle lower section and the shelves to raise the sag. It may be plenty strong but the sag annoys me and wondering if you guys knew of a product like this or another comparable solution. Thanks for the help in advance as always.
Best,
don

Take a 1x1 piece of pine and screw three pieces across the middle of the shelf from side to side. It works for my safe, depending on the shape of your safe, you may not like it.

Give me your extra guns and ammo, sounds like to much weight. This will solve your problem.

my ammo shelf was sagging.... I guess I had more than the 400# they recommend as top weight on it... I grabbed a bunch of 5 ply oak flooring I had leftover from my upstairs and made a shelf out of that using the original shelf as a doubler... The biggest P.I.T.A. was getting all the ammo off the shelf to add the extra support...:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts