Gun law restrictions by states

We will need this advantage here in Az. The police chief in Phoenix marches in uniform arm in arm with BLM and the Antifa crowd down the city streets and the Scottsdale police chief ordered his officers to stand and watch as BLM and Antifa burned and looted the most upscale mall in the state resulting in millions in damages. Don't move here if you're from Portland or Madison, it's nearly as bad and getting worse. Only a matter of time till firearms are involved.

the Scottsdale police chief ordered his officers to stand and watch as BLM and Antifa burned and looted the most upscale mall in the state resulting in millions in damages.
It could probably be VERY successfully argued/demonstrated that since they stood there and watched that happen/did nothing to prevent it or apprehend those responsible that they were ALL accomplice to it since they were, in fact, RIGHT THERE during the commission of that vile crap! Shame on them for dishonoring themselves and the profession for which so many us (and our families) sacrifice to serve! 🤬

Now BLM and Antifa has struck here in Az. They shot up the Federal Courthouse in Phx and wounded a federal officer today. They fired about 20 rounds. Just like the LA sneak attack. FBI has already caught the shooters. Please, all LE be very aware of surroundings.

Thanks for this JE. Very informative. I have been researching Castle Doctrines and Stand your Ground laws as of late. Looks like I'm gonna have to shoot up my house, cause if I'm not in it, I have the duty to retreat. It makes sense that Liberals came up with such a law. From what I've seen after 53 years on this planet, they love to Retreat.

Last edited:
the Scottsdale police chief ordered his officers to stand and watch as BLM and Antifa burned and looted the most upscale mall in the state resulting in millions in damages.
In Az, it is legal to use deadly force to stop an arsonist. I wonder how the police would have reacted if someone had shot one of the rioters as he/she was attempting to throw a Molotov cocktail.
Since the state statute specifically mentions the legality of using deadly force, they couldn't prosecute you.

Thanks for this JE. Very informative. I have been researching Castle Doctrines and Stand your Ground laws as of late. Looks like I'm gonna have to shoot up my house, cause if I'm not in it, I have the duty to retreat. It makes sens that Liberals came up with such a law. From what I've seen after 53 years on this planet, they love to Retreat.
One of the attorneys that does the lecture tours on "Legal use of delay force" shared a story about a client that shot an intruder. He made the mistake of giving the police a statement at the scene.(Side note here: SHUT UP! Never say anything but 'I want to have my lawyer present before answering any questions.') While giving his statement, another office knocked on the neighbors doors across the street and got their home security camera footage. It contradicted what the guy stated and that took the attorney a few months to get a plea deal; the guy is now a convicted felon based upon the plea deal. Had the guy not said anything, he would not have had such a difficult time.
The point here is that before you shoot up your house, consider what the cameras across the street are recording; time of entry, when the shooting started, number of shots fired (flashes of light and noises), even which rooms by the muzzle flash in the windows, etc.....

Well, I'm 3000 ft. Off the road so there wouldn't be any neighbors but the way I understand Maryland law, I can open carry on my property and right of way all the way down to the main road. Of course, if I was approached by some bad guys, I'd have to turn tail and run into the house before I could upholster or even touch the gun anyway, so what good is it? At least I can "Stand my Ground" in the house but even in that scenario, I'd be subject to plenty of scrutiny in the commie State. At least I'm not in NY, where I'd probably have to retreat into some upstairs closet and cower behind my daughters stuffed animals before I could justifiably discharge the gun. I suppose states like NY might allow A muzzleloader for home defense, as long as you don't load it until the perps in the house. No Break open in lines, however. They'd have to be flint lock. I may have missed my calling as a legislator!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts